Lost my cabin due to social distancing. *cry*

jupiter03

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

We can all take turns camping out in the hall to see the celebrity they have put in your cabin.  🙂 

Well we are now moved to a hump JS on deck 6..so hopefully that should calm the powers that be down a little. Although there's still RoyalUp bids out there, so I'm sure she will not rest until we sail.

45 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Well we are now moved to a hump JS on deck 6..so hopefully that should calm the powers that be down a little. Although there's still RoyalUp bids out there, so I'm sure she will not rest until we sail.

We were in 8640. haven't heard where we'll be yet. Yeah, I wonder who wanted that area?

21 minutes ago, Royalwithcheese said:

Has anyone been re-assigned after getting the letter. Wondering about the timeline of re-assignment from getting the letter. Anyone’s experience would be helpful.

We are kind of an anomaly since my mother took the squeaky wheel method and got our TA on it. We got the email on Wednesday.  Had the room reassignment on Thursday afternoon.  Squeaky wheel was not happy.  Friday morning we've been reassigned to another room that "will do" for now 😂

18 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

So appears its maybe due to matching families/groups to a more efficient "bunking" (berths) configuration for spacing or association of families/groups.  Group of 3-4 into a 4 berth room, instead of just 2 in a 4 berth cabin?  Is that the going theory?

I don't think any one theory has been shaken out that would encompass it.  This wouldn't explain reasoning for why someone in a GTY was given the email or why a Royal Loft Suite would have been given one.  They originally moved a party of 3 in a JS to a JS that could hold 5 in my situation.

38 minutes ago, TeresaMc said:

It does show 3, but no upper berth and no couch bed....confusing.

The 1l right next to it 12317 shows 2 berths.

12315.jpg

The couch all the way over at the window in the photo converts to a bed. It's pretty big. We had 11317 and 11319 on Harmony so the layout would probably be the same as yours.

37 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

The couch all the way over at the window in the photo converts to a bed. It's pretty big. We had 11317 and 11319 on Harmony so the layout would probably be the same as yours.

And those couches made into a bed? Because those cabins are showing for 2 as well.

10 hours ago, TeresaMc said:

And those couches made into a bed? Because those cabins are showing for 2 as well.

I think they would; they are certainly big enough even for an adult to lie down full length. The picture for the 3-berth cabin is exactly the same as ours. We were in 11319. The layout in 11317 was reversed with the couch by the door and the bed by the balcony.

We were booked in a 1K as well for our upcoming cruise in January. We're a family of 5 which is why we had to be in there. I know all about the connecting cabin options but we felt more comfortable with everyone in the same room, especially with younger children. There's no more 1Ks available, so I have no idea where we're going to end up. Maybe a suite upgrade that will fit us?

3 hours ago, dwclarkNU said:

Maybe a suite upgrade that will fit us?

Crossing my fingers for you! I know there are a only a handful of options that accommodate at least 5.  Make sure to keep on top of it when you get your reassignment. The fact that a party of 5 gets split up on different reservations always gives me pause when they send out these emails with no identifying info as to which reservation is impacted. If they fail to recognize the reservations are linked and assume there's only 1 person or 4 to move, it can mess things up.

On 10/15/2021 at 10:13 AM, AshleyDillo said:

We are kind of an anomaly since my mother took the squeaky wheel method and got our TA on it. We got the email on Wednesday.  Had the room reassignment on Thursday afternoon.  Squeaky wheel was not happy.  Friday morning we've been reassigned to another room that "will do" for now 😂

Dang, i dont have a travel agent. I got my email tuesday but still no re-assignment. Im wondering if maybe I wont be re-assigned

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 12:13 PM, FionaMG said:

Agree. Not to mention cutting down on food waste. So often at self-serve buffets I have seen people piling more and more food on their plates and then not eating it all.

A few years ago we were on  Celebrity ship during flu season. They had crew serving at each of the buffet stations. I liked it from a customer standpoint. They are there to keep the station clean and well stocked. Eventhough C19 isn't necessarily transferred by touching surfaces, plenty of other germs are transmitted that way. 

On Oct 04, 2021, I booked and paid in full for a cruise for me and my daughter's family. We were to sail on the Freedom Of The Seas on Nov 12th. Two cabins, 2 adults in one and 1 adult and two children in the other. Last week, in response to an e-mail I received, I started the check in process. After trying several times online, I called to Royal Caribbean for help and found out that my cabin had somehow been cancelled. After being transferred and put on hold for over an hour, I was told that an unexplained “glitch” in the system had caused the cancelation. But since I had been on the phone so long, they would research the problem and work on rebooking. I would receive a call back the next day doing normal business hours from the people who could make the needed changes. After not hearing anything by late afternoon, I called back to Royal Caribbean support.

I was then told that yes, my cabin had been cancelled, they didn’t know how it happened, and no, there were no other cabins available. I was told that there was no possible way I would be able to get on the ship as all cabins were booked. The best Royal Caribbean could do was to return all money paid for my cabin without penalty. This despite receiving emails offering the opportunity to place bids for cabin upgrades.

As for the second cabin booked, since the glitch had not canceled my daughter’s cabin, I could not get a refund for it. In other words, because Royal Caribbean made a mistake, my daughter and her husband could continue the cruise, but their minor children would have to stay home. If I wanted to talk to anyone else about this, I would have to wait 72 hours for a call back from someone with the authority to cancel the cabin. Meanwhile, I am still receiving emails offering the opportunity to place bids for cabin upgrades. I was not even offered the opportunity to purchase an upgrade.

On Friday, after the 72 hours and still not hearing from Royal Caribbean, I called again. By this time, I had cancelled all five airline tickets at a cost of $400.00 and a $200.00 airline credit. There was  no way the parents were leaving without the rest of the family.

After going thru everything again and being placed on hold for several minutes to my surprise my cabin had been rebooked.

But after looking at what it would cost to rebook the airline tickets, ($900 minus the $200 credit), and the shabby treatment I had received from Royal Caribbean so far, I declined the offer. I just wanted to negate the cost of this non vacation as much as possible. I was first offered a return of the pre-paid gratuities and taxes and cruise credit for the cost of the room. This was not acceptable to me as I had no desired to cruise on Royal Caribbean in the foreseeable future. Finally, I was told that the total cost of the both cabins and the pre-paid excursions, gratuities and taxes would be credited back to my account in 10-15 days.

12 hours ago, VickieV said:

A few years ago we were on  Celebrity ship during flu season. They had crew serving at each of the buffet stations. I liked it from a customer standpoint. They are there to keep the station clean and well stocked. Eventhough C19 isn't necessarily transferred by touching surfaces, plenty of other germs are transmitted that way. 

Many years ago on RCI ship we had the same thing.  I liked having them serving so I didn't have to touch stuff.  They wanted everyone to use the hand sanitizer (it was just a free standing one then); however, they're were many that did not use it.  Some people were complaining that they couldn't serve themselves but it was welcomed by us. 

Yep, same here. I contacted Royal a few days ago and the person checked and said I had been reassigned to...the same room number I had originally. That would be great news for me, but I think the rep was just checking what room was on file and they haven't reassigned it yet. It's been almost a month now. I know that I am several months away from my cruise, but I wish they had just kept this news to themselves if they weren't going to assign me something in a more timely manner. This kind of stress I don't need.

We had the same, anthem b2b October 9th and 15th booked connecting cabins deck six for me and my wife and autistic adult son so it was very important we choose them cabins together like we always do, we got the email day before boarding, first cruise one cabin on deck 13 and son on deck 10 🤷🏼‍♂️🤬 second cruise deck 8 and 7 🤬 could not do anything until we boarded and wow they made it so difficult for us, took them 4 hours until we got two cabins together on deck 11 but still nothing for second cruise.

We had more issues so we left after the first cruise they offered a full refund for the second cruise as a sorry but they went back on that decision and issued a fcc 🤷🏼‍♂️ Still waiting for refunds for tax and drinks etc