President's Cruise 2022

• twangster changed the title to President's Cruise 2022
3 minutes ago, GKMCruising said:

For those of us with limited vacation time, it'd be nice if they'd announce these just a *little* farther in advance.

Alaska wouldn't have really been feasible for me next year anyways after just going this year, but still.

Yeah I'm not sure they were comfortable enough to talk President cruises until now.  A month ago with delta up everyone would have called them crazy and blown up social media.

There may be some revenue process in play.  Wonder is selling well.  Oasis class sells well from Florida.  Odyssey is going gangbusters.  Why do it on one of those?

Four ships in Alaska is new. Doing Alaska will sell out a premium region at premium rates (presumably).  It may also introduce Alaska to some folks who haven't been yet which could turn into repeat future business.

11 minutes ago, D Alt said:

So what happens on these cruises? 

Does that mean that if you booked an Alaska cruise for 2022, you could be bumped off if they decide to use that one for the President's cruise? 

It's a loyalty centric cruise that will have a higher number of top elite on board, more so than normal.  On these cruises there are events put on for various levels of the C&A program.  Michael Bayley, the President of Royal Caribbean International will be on board.  

Someone who books this cruise now or already has it booked will find their cruise fare is a bargain compared to what people will pay once it's announced and large numbers of people flock to book it.  They never boot off existing bookings but you may find you are on board with many frequent cruisers and a higher number of top elite than normal.  It will be a sold out cruise, they are very popular so chances are price drops won't happen. 

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Someone who books this cruise now or already has it booked will find their cruise fare is a bargain compared to what people will pay once it's announced and large numbers of people flock to book it.  They never boot off existing bookings but you may find you are on board with many frequent cruisers and a higher number of top elite than normal.  It will be a sold out cruise, they are very popular so chances are price drops won't happen. 

Perhaps just purchase every cruise for June/July, is CWC still going on? LOL

6 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

What is DP340?

Once you reach 340 points in the C&A program, solo cruisers are eligible for reduced single supplement.  The discount code used when booking if you have 340 or more points is DP340 (DiamondPlus 340) when booking solo.  Instead of the 200% single supplement you get 150% single supplement.  It doesn't work for holiday cruises or in July or August.  

For solo cruisers it can be a big money saver.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Once you reach 340 points in the C&A program, solo cruisers are eligible for reduced single supplement.  The discount code used when booking if you have 340 or more points is DP340 (DiamondPlus 340) when booking solo.  Instead of the 200% single supplement you get 150% single supplement.  It doesn't work for holiday cruises or in July or August.  

For solo cruisers it can be a big money saver.

I'm hoping to hit that later this year.....does the DP340 save you on the JS category too?

17 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I'm hoping to hit that later this year.....does the DP340 save you on the JS category too?

Yep.  Unlike the C&A balcony discount, DP340 even works on interior and it is combinable with C&A balcony discounts but adjusted for one person.

The only cabins that DP340 doesn't work on is a studio cabin because those are already price adjusted for one person.  

NextCruise OBC also becomes adjusted (reduced) when DP340 is applied.

Honestly once you reach 340 it makes it really hard to sail other lines that charge 200% single supplements because Royal is usually cheaper.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 5:33 PM, twangster said:

Someone who books this cruise now or already has it booked will find their cruise fare is a bargain compared to what people will pay once it's announced and large numbers of people flock to book it. 

How does one have this cruise already booked?

2 hours ago, The Fox said:

How does one have this cruise already booked?

Usually when they announce a President's Cruise it is an already released sailing. So you could already have that sailing booked before they announce it's going to be the cruise they choose to be the President's Cruise. They announced it's gonna be Alaska next summer and those itineraries have already been open for booking for awhile prior to the announcement. They haven't announced which specific date yet though.

13 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Usually when they announce a President's Cruise it is an already released sailing. So you could already have that sailing booked before they announce it's going to be the cruise they choose to be the President's Cruise. They announced it's gonna be Alaska next summer and those itineraries have already been open for booking for awhile prior to the announcement. They haven't announced which specific date yet though.

Thank you so much. I love this board for all the information that is shared.

Ovation of the Seas • Alaska 
Browser View
Call us at 1 (800) 423-2100 or 
Contact your Travel Advisor

http://image.royalcaribbeanmarketing.com/lib/fe9415737666017570/m/1/ROY_spacer.gif
AN ICE BOLD CELEBRATION

Dear valued Crown & Anchor Society Member, 

It’s wonderful to be cruising with so many of you again on the 18 Royal Caribbean ships that have set sail around the world. Our Royal Comeback is in full effect, and we have you to thank for that. To build on the momentum and keep the good times rolling, I’ve got exciting news to share with you. Drum roll, please. 

The President’s Cruise is coming back next year, and we’re headed to Alaska onOvation of the Seas! This will be the fifth President’s Cruise; five years is a big milestone for any relationship (It means things are pretty serious). And after the journey we’ve all endured the past several months, we’re taking the festivities to an entirely new level — because why not? 

Now for the details. What's in store is an incredible 7-night cruise that will visit Juneau and Skagway, Alaska, as well as Victoria, British Columbia. We’ll take in everything the Last Frontier has to offer, from glaciers to wildlife sightings, while creating memories that will last a lifetime. 

This will be our first President’s Cruise in Alaska and the first on a Quantum Class ship. I, for one, can’t wait. Mark your calendars: We’ll depart from Seattle, Washington on June 24, 2022. 

I hope you’ll join me, our dedicated crew members and the Crown & Anchor Society team on board. There are more details to come as we plan a full schedule of events, including live performances, immersive destination experiences and more. In the meantime, you can find more information on the Royal Caribbean website. 

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. We are so appreciative of your unwavering support and understanding during the last 20 months. A larger-than-life President’s Cruise is just one way we want to thank you. 

We look forward to seeing you, our Royal Caribbean family, to celebrate a bright future! 

Loyal to Royal, 
MICHAEL'S SIGNATURE 
Michael Bayley 
President and CEO 
Royal Caribbean International

• 5 months later...