Suite Lounge

I know the Diamond Lounge now only takes the drink vouchers. My question is Does the Suite Lounge give out a few more drinks besides the vouchers? Thanks for those that might know. This would be on the Allure if we pass the test.

Just got the email from the lounge. It does not mention the drinks from 11 am to 11 pm for Beer and Wine. On the Allure now, they do have the 11 to 11 drinks.

The Suite Lounge should have a Happy Hour where the drinks are complimentary and won't require the vouchers. There may be a limited menu of liquors, wine and beers that are included. In addition to Happy Hour, on Oasis class ships wine and beer should be available 11a-11p but there have been reports that this is varying from ship to ship.

Suite lounge is still open bar. I don't know how they're doing it now, but in July there no longer was a mobile bar with dedicated bartenders brought to the lounge. Instead your drinks were poured at the Viking bar.

The good was that you had the pick of the menu. The bad was the drinks were poured "correctly" and you didn't get the benefit of the doubt from properly tipped bartenders to give you something a bit stiffer or taller

3 hours ago, Terry Newsom said:

I know the Diamond Lounge now only takes the drink vouchers. My question is Does the Suite Lounge give out a few more drinks besides the vouchers? Thanks for those that might know.

Suite Lounge on Serenade right now is unlimited drinks at happy hour, no vouchers needed/used. Options are a bit limited, but not overly. They are using the regular bar in the Suite Lounge. 

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

If you have both Suite Lounge and Diamond or above vouchers, plan your voucher usage for the rest of the day.

And don't forget to get bottles of water from the Suite Lounge, even if you're not otherwise particularly interested in the happy hour.

Or bottles of water to cash out your last vouchers, if you didn’t use them all!

On 10/13/2021 at 11:38 AM, AshleyDillo said:

The Suite Lounge should have a Happy Hour where the drinks are complimentary and won't require the vouchers. There may be a limited menu of liquors, wine and beers that are included. In addition to Happy Hour, on Oasis class ships wine and beer should be available 11a-11p but there have been reports that this is varying from ship to ship.

Yes, there is unfortunately a limited menu. I ran into the problem once on Allure (polite and there’s not a lot I want to drink, so limiting me makes it a problem). On the positive side, I now have a list of drinks that should qualify for “free” in the suite lounge (and happy to share it with anyone who might be interested). 😊

27 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Are you a single malt drinker ?  So is Dan.  I think it smells like a$$.  🙃

It's a relative thing. Relative to the other whiskeys on the limited menu, it's fantastic (Jameson's has its place, but not drinking straight).

Relative to what you can get at the regular bar, it's mediocre.

44 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

Never had it but was gifted a bottle of Glenfiddich and that's what I get to look forward to? 

Nope. it's rather tame as Scotch goes.  

It's the peaty scotch that has the most aroma.  Ardbeg, Lagavulin, Laphroaig and many other from Islay are known for their strong peaty influences.  

Most scotch from the region where Glenfiddich comes from are tame compared to Islay scotch.  It's one of, if not the most popular scotch in the world which makes it safe for Royal as it doesn't limit the target audience like a peaty scotch would.

48 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Octomore is one I've never heard of.  Is it a highland or a Islay ?

It's the peatiest (most peaty?) Islay scotches that's commercially available.

If you like smoky beers, look for one from Clan Brewing called Spruce Ale.  Aged in Islay whiskey casks for 6 months. Goodness that's smoky.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 9:31 AM, Ampurp85 said:

I recall them back-tracking the 11-11 because of all the complaints. I think the only ship that wasn't doing this was Symphony, but I also heard their concierge's left a lot to be desired.

Anybody has more information about Symphony SL recently? Are they doing 11-11 drink or just happy hour? 

• 3 months later...
32 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

What's the reception been so far for the Pin Bins, I mean Pinnacle lounges that they created?

For the most part the Pinnacle Lounge has been well received.  Some ships do it better than other ships mostly in terms of the location they allocated to the PL.  Naturally there are some that don't like change and there are others that adapt better.

In some cases the PL is very wasteful when there are only a handful of Pinnacle on a particular sailing.  You typically have three crew and a full snack spread in the PL.   When there are low numbers, like five Pinnacle on board the PL can be extremely wasteful since it's unlikely all five will be there at once.  Some are in suites so they may in the SL already and not going to the PL at all.  Not everyone goes to the PL every single night or they might go to the DL if they have friends on board that aren't Pinnacle.  The result can be one person the PL for an hour here and there.  Allocating space, crew and food to one person is simply wasteful.  Current policy doesn't allow a ship to deviate from the standard PL offering even if no one shows up day after day.  

In other cases the PL is slammed with a regular following that cruise.  In these cases the PL has clearly has benefited the SL (for suite guests).

On Quantum class ships the PL is in the Music Hall which is fine until an activity or event cranks up in the Music Hall.  At that point you can't have a conversation in the PL because of the Music Hall sound levels.  At that point most leave yet the crew and food spread have to remain for the hours posted just in case a Pinnacle drops by.