No CDC Vaccine Card

PG Cruiser

12 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

A friend of mine is sailing this December, the week before Christmas.   He does not have a CDC Vaccine Card.  What he got from the Mayo Clinic where he works was a letter/form certifying that he has been vaccinated.   Has anyone been allowed on board with such a certification?

If that was me…I would email Royal with a copy of the form and then if they respond it’s okay, print out the response and bring it all to the port on embarkation day. But someone else may have experience with this………..

27 minutes ago, BrianB said:

If that was me…I would email Royal with a copy of the form and then if they respond it’s okay, print out the response and bring it all to the port on embarkation day. But someone else may have experience with this………..

I advised him to ask for a CDC card from work.  He texted me a while ago that the Mayo Clinic gave him one.  I don't see any signatures/initials on the card, just a patient number, vaccine lot numbers and "Mayo Clinic" on the "Healthcare Professional or Clinic Site" column.  Could that be a problem?  I've been seeing some discussions on another thread about signatures and stickers.

image.png.8ef9dbbaf14455c0ee356f94850e6601.png

2 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I advised him to ask for a CDC card from work.  He texted me a while ago that the Mayo Clinic gave him one.  I don't see any signatures/initials on the card, just a patient number, vaccine lot numbers and "Mayo Clinic" on the "Healthcare Professional or Clinic Site" column.  Could that be a problem?  I've been seeing some discussions on another thread about signatures and stickers.

Nah, that should be fine. Some places are using stickers, others have it all handwritten. And let's face it, doctor handwriting is terrible, so I doubt they're too worried about much outside of the batch # and injection dates.

14 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

My card has no signatures and in one of the slots the person administering the shot misspelled Pfizer as "Phfizer" and I had no problems getting through. Your friend should be fine with the card as they have it. I think they are mainly looking at dates and type and anything about the card that could be suspect like thickness or rampant misspellings

12 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:
11 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

They can also access their shot record via Mayo Clinic app if they have issues, but should not with this card.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PG Cruiser said:

I'd like to follow up on this topic.  Has anyone here presented something other than the CDC vaccine card at check in?  

I know when we went in Sept we were told it had to be the physical vaccine card. Not sure if it has changed since then. Mine is all hand written and was accepted.

3 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I'd like to follow up on this topic.  Has anyone here presented something other than the CDC vaccine card at check in?  

Has anyone used one of those health card apps that store the vaccination record? How about a form or certification from the vaccination center/clinic?

Canadian here, our cards are not from CDC. We have different ones in different provinces. My card simply has brand ‘Pfizer’ and date given handwritten on it and I had no questions asked about it at port.

Mentioned this in another post -- DD got a J&J shot in April, and when I asked to see her card, the only part filled in was the location -- Dept of Health in Piscataway, NJ (actually in the parking lot outside, LOL) .  NOTHING ELSE!!!! Seriously -- nothing else -- no brand, Lot, exp -- nothing! And then the spot closed down for a while, (J&J was put on hold temporarily for side effects), and she called, emailed, filled out forms, called -- finally, I told her to go back to the site, go into the office building and find someone there to fix it. Luckily, they were able to look it up & fill it in for her.