Royal Up-Two for One Upgrade

The Fox

Has anyone ever received a two rooms for one upgrade like this? We have two rooms booked on this cruise one in my name for an ocean view balcony, and one in my daughter's name for an interior room. We both received this upgrade email.

Two For One Upgrade - 2 Inside Staterooms

Enjoy a second room for your party with our "Two for One Upgrade" option.

From $140 USD pp

17 minutes ago, The Fox said:

Well, I'm really confused as to how they handle this. If my daughter takes the two for one, does that mean that she gets two rooms. Right now her room is for 3 people.

I think so.  I'm often solo so two rooms for me isn't something I even did a double take on. 

In her case she has a booking for 3 guests in the same cabin.  I'm assuming this offer would result in two inside cabins, two guests in one, one guest in the other.

I have seen this come up for others. I can see where it might be enticing if you have 3 or 4 in a room..gets that extra bathroom and more space.  But I don't think you can guarantee the rooms are close to each other. 

I have not seen anyone reporting on winning or bidding on this option, just that received it.

9 hours ago, DuaneG said:

Is it something you can ask for or is it just luck of the draw if they offer it to you?

Must be luck of the draw.

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

..gets that extra bathroom and more space.  But I don't think you can guarantee the rooms are close to each other.

Yes, a nice luxury for 3 girls. But you do bring up a good point about the rooms being close to each other.

On closer inspection, the offer sent to me was for 2 balconies. So many options.

15 hours ago, MLH said:

I was on Freedom last week and asked about upgrades at the front desk and they offered me 2 JS versus 1 for my friend and I to split.  We were in a JS.

see I love that. I am sailing with my mom and love her to death but if I could have a room to myself that wouldn't break the bank I would be for it.