Check-in times/Room Assignments

Jim D

How difficult or easy have people found it to get an early check-in time when check-in opens at 45 days?  And what is the closest someone has had towards cruise day to get your room assignment on a GTY.  Especially if you want to partake in the Royal Up program.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Doak said:

Did my online check-in For this Halloween last week, and they offered 4 time slots earliest was 3-3;30 to show up for the Wellness check.

I am a little confused by this - people keep saying that 330 is the earliest - What happened to the 12pm so people can actually eat a lunch and enjoy Day 1 on the boat - checking in at 330 and going thru your wellness screening gets you on board closer to 4 and most boats depart at 4 or 6pm?  Getting on that late takes away from enjoying the pool and signing up for fitness classes etc.  The MDR is closed by 330 in order to get ready for dinner.  And what if you have an early seating in the main dining room for dinner.  

For context, we sailed out of Cape Liberty/Bayonne last week. When we first completed the check-in process online, we selected the earliest time period (12:00-12:30) available at that time. A couple of weeks later, they opened up the 11:30-12:00 period and we switched to the earlier time slot (through the same check-in link).

Our check-in time was called at 11:30 and we were onboard by 11:45... very smooth in Bayonne last week!

5 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

For context, we sailed out of Cape Liberty/Bayonne last week. When we first completed the check-in process online, we selected the earliest time period (12:00-12:30) available at that time. A couple of weeks later, they opened up the 11:30-12:00 period and we switched to the earlier time slot (through the same check-in link).

Our check-in time was called at 11:30 and we were onboard by 11:45... very smooth in Bayonne last week!

Thats good to hear that it is moving smoothly -  If I may ask John - how did you know they opened up an earlier time slot to check in?

2 minutes ago, Jim D said:

Thats good to hear that it is moving smoothly -  If I may ask John - how did you know they opened up an earlier time slot to check in?

And by same check in link you mean the one you click on via the website under your booking number or on the app?  You were not mailed a separate link correct?

9 minutes ago, Jim D said:

And by same check in link you mean the one you click on via the website under your booking number or on the app?  You were not mailed a separate link correct?

Yes, the link on the website. The link remains open up to a couple of days before your sailing. You can go in an add your photo, change your linked credit card, update the boarding time period, etc. The boarding time is the last question in the online check-in.

Once you update the boarding time, you will see that the online SetSail pass also has the new boarding time.

11 minutes ago, Jim D said:

My wife joined a Facebook group that was established for our specific sailing and folks were posting that the new, earlier check-in time period was added. You could alternately go back in periodically through that link and check, but that might be a pain in the neck! 😀

Continue to check your available check in times for changes.  When I paid for my cruises (within 45 -70 days of sailing) only 3:00 times were available. I continue to check and am also in the FB groups for my sailings as well as the roll call section on these message boards snd learned that new check in times were added.  I never received any notification from Royal in regards to additional check in times 

yep, to echo what @Pattycruise said, 3:00 is the starting point I think. I have two November cruises and I have updated the check-in time 3 times on each; from 3pm to 1pm and then again to 12pm/11:30am. Once you fully check in you can continually check the app for earlier times and change your time while retaining the existing passenger information. 

The closer you are to a sailing, the less early you will be able to check-in, if that make sense. So @Doakgot a 3pm time because that is all that is left. I also sail Halloween and the times available now start at 3:30 and go to 5:30 because we sail at 7pm. That check-in opened Aug 2 and I got the earliest time.

But if your check-in opens soon, you could be able to snag a nice time. My check-in for my Jan cruises start at Nov 27th, according to the app, I should be able to get a 12/12:30 check-in with ease as I know when it will be open.

We were able to secure 1 pm check in time for our Symphony sailing in Miami about 30 days in advance.   Seemed like a lot of people had the same time and it took nearly an hour to get processed and on board.  We were in a Junior Suite and able to use the Suite/Pinnacle line if that helps.  The regular check in line was severely backed up.  The cruise was last weekend in Sept.

We have another cruise next weekend in Bayonne.  We were given a variety of check in options from 1-4 pm and chose 3 pm because we wanted to do Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty tour.  I decided that getting on the ship would be better and modified my check in time  last night to 12:30 pm.   It was super easy to change the time.

Our Oasis cruise next weekend was a Guarantee Junior Suite.   Did not receive the room assignment until 14 days before embarkation date.   Used the Apple Wallet trick and figured out my room assignment about a week before that.  

Not sure about RoyalUP, they may wait to notify you last minute.

21 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

Our Oasis cruise next weekend was a Guarantee Junior Suite.   Did not receive the room assignment until 14 days before embarkation date.   Used the Apple Wallet trick and figured out my room assignment about a week before that.  

Not sure about RoyalUP, they may wait to notify you last minute.

What’s the Apple wallet trick?

I understand that suite guests are able to board an hour earlier than your reserved time. Our sailing for Oasis was pushed to a 7pm departure. Is it safe to assume that they won't board anyone until 12pm? We successfully moved to that time a few weeks ago so I wasn't sure if there would be any value arriving at 11am...

4 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

My QR scanner works as well, Android device. The last numbers displayed after the dash correlates with your cabin number.

Interesting - when I am able to check in I am going to have to check this out - thank you so much!!! 

They are sticking to their guns with the entertainment scheduling.  I was able to buy our drink packages but not book any shows even though only 17 days out.

Curious has anyone on here sailed recently and asked why we have to wait until we are onboard and schedule our entertainment using RCL app.  I even called the Diamond+ desk today and they  told me that it has to be done onboard using the app.  Wondering  why?

12 minutes ago, Jim D said:

Interesting - when I am able to check in I am going to have to check this out - thank you so much!!! 

I pulled up my SetSail pass yesterday and noticed a deck number and muster station were assigned but it still showed GTY. I scanned the barcode it and it has changed from saying -GTY at the end to a cabin number that is definitely on deck 6.  I am assuming that where I will end up since I'm not attempting to RoyalUp.  Today is the 30 day mark until my cruise.

31 minutes ago, Doak said:

They are sticking to their guns with the entertainment scheduling.  I was able to buy our drink packages but not book any shows even though only 17 days out.

Curious has anyone on here sailed recently and asked why we have to wait until we are onboard and schedule our entertainment using RCL app.  I even called the Diamond+ desk today and they  told me that it has to be done onboard using the app.  Wondering  why?

Things are in flux basically. Who knows how many people might cancel, be unable to board due to positive or inconclusive covid test, etc. So RCG wants to avoid having a bunch of issues with shows and therefore, we have to make the reservations on boarding day through the app.

33 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Things are in flux basically. Who knows how many people might cancel, be unable to board due to positive or inconclusive covid test, etc. So RCG wants to avoid having a bunch of issues with shows and therefore, we have to make the reservations on boarding day through the app.

makes sense

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I pulled up my SetSail pass yesterday and noticed a deck number and muster station were assigned but it still showed GTY. I scanned the barcode it and it has changed from saying -GTY at the end to a cabin number that is definitely on deck 6.  I am assuming that where I will end up since I'm not attempting to RoyalUp.  Today is the 30 day mark until my cruise.

I am not at 30 days yet - I havent been able to start the check in 45 days is next week for me..  I was able to start the check-in process at 90 days and then after the first page or two I wasnt able to go any further and they shut down the check-in.