Should I be looking for target prices for packages when sales come up?

LindyLarge

I had been considering a solo cruise for years and after one of Matt's latest videos, I took the plunge and Yolo-booked it.  I will be on the Oasis 5/29/22!!!!

Here's my question:  as we all know, there's a "sale" in the Cruise Planner just about every week.  Is there a target price that you look at and say, "that's a good price, time to book it"?  Or is there a certain percentage off you look for?  

The current prices on things that I am looking at are as follows:

VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet Package - $17.99/day

The Key - $29.99/day (mainly because I am definitely getting the internet)

Deluxe Beverage Package - $66.99/day before gratuities

Ultimate Dining Package.  ($183.99 for 7 nights before gratuities - *** already purchased)

Overall, I agree with what Matt said and like the idea of buying what you know you want and then re-booking later if the price drops. I already did that for the UDP.  ($183.99 before gratuities, no idea if this is good...)

But if anyone knows what good prices are or certain percentages of discount to look for, I'm all ears.  

Thanks friends!

Lindy

If you get the Key, you don't need Voom (but you probably already know that).  Having The Key several times now, I wouldn't pay over $19 per day for it.  I'd risk it just going up or selling out and just foregoing it before I'd pay more for it.  I don't think there's $12 per day worth of value over what you'd pay for just Voom.  

I wouldn't use the percentages.  They are based on the price on board, which you won't discover until you are on board.  

Multiple the daily rate by 7 for a seven night cruise.  Is the price acceptable to you?  Will you realize value at that price?

Each of us has different tolerances for "value".

You can always cancel and refund it later, so once it reaches the "I'd buy that for a dollar" point for you, buy it and keep checking for price drops.

id buy that for a dollar GIF

When I was on the Allure in August of 2019, I was able to snag the DBP at about $47/day I also lucked out because they extended that cruise due to a hurricane and didn't need to pay extra for the extension. Overally I agree with smokeybandit, that anything under $60 is a decent price and anything under $50 is a really good price. As other posters have advised too I would weight out with what you would drink on board. In the end as long as you think its worth it i would say go for it. 

I am currently booked on the Anthem of the Seas on Nov 21, 21. On my cruise planner the DBP is at $57/day I did see it for $50 previously. I am thinking about just booking it and repurchasing it if it goes down lower. 

Deluxe Drink Package and The Key appear cheaper on my cruise planner today.

Sailing date: 12/26/2021 - Harmony OTS

Yesterday's prices:

The Key - $29.99/day

Deluxe Beverage Package - $66.99/day before gratuities

Today's prices:

The Key - $27.99/day

Deluxe Beverage Package - $53/day before gratuities

I think the Deluxe Drink Package has a good value today (I bought it today), if comes cheaper I can cancel and buy it again.

The Key - At $27.99 I don't think it worth it (I bought it today as well) but looking forward to cancel if doesn't comes down close to $22.99.

48 minutes ago, GatorCruiser said:

My wife and I sailed symphony back in November 2019 and got the DBP for 46/day. It was some random sale. She watched it like a hawk for months and it never went lower. We felt like that was a great deal for an oasis class ship. 

I figured anything in the $50's would be pretty solid.  $46 seems like an outright steal!

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

If you get the Key, you don't need Voom (but you probably already know that).  Having The Key several times now, I wouldn't pay over $19 per day for it.  I'd risk it just going up or selling out and just foregoing it before I'd pay more for it.  I don't think there's $12 per day worth of value over what you'd pay for just Voom.  

I'll really be tracking this one closely.  I'm not sure if there's $12 a day worth of value either, but if priority debarkation is a thing on the last day then I might jump on it in the hopes of getting on an earlier flight home.  

45 minutes ago, LindyLarge said:

I'll really be tracking this one closely.  I'm not sure if there's $12 a day worth of value either, but if priority debarkation is a thing on the last day then I might jump on it in the hopes of getting on an earlier flight home.  

If you don't have a lot of luggage and think you can handle it on your own, you could do self-assist debarkation and just take your own luggage off of the ship with you.  You can leave as soon as the ship is cleared to disembark.  We do this when we need to get an early flight.

4 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

If you don't have a lot of luggage and think you can handle it on your own, you could do self-assist debarkation and just take your own luggage off of the ship with you.  You can leave as soon as the ship is cleared to disembark.  We do this when we need to get an early flight.

What's the earliest flight that you feel comfortable booking?  I know the answer can change depending on the port, but generally speaking?