Asking for help on easiest way to get Covid test on Saturday. My pharmacies are booked. TY

46 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

In a way, this scares me as a cruiser.  When the demand for these tests goes so low,  the pharmacies will phase them out.  I'm afraid this will limit our options for pre-cruise testing.  I hope the testing requirements for cruising will have been relaxed or even totally eliminated by that time.

I think they are making scores of money with the feds paying for them if insurance does not.  Why give up free money?

Now if the feds stop paying, that's another matter.  

To ease my mind, will someone who has used the Walgreens Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW) which is an NAAT, confirm that will satisfy the royal requirement? people on FB were claiming it wouldn’t be accepted but didn’t seem to know what they were talking about. My cruise leaves Thursday so I’m in the nervous that I’m going to mess something up phase.

58 minutes ago, Notaworryintheworld said:

To ease my mind, will someone who has used the Walgreens Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW) which is an NAAT, confirm that will satisfy the royal requirement? people on FB were claiming it wouldn’t be accepted but didn’t seem to know what they were talking about. My cruise leaves Thursday so I’m in the nervous that I’m going to mess something up phase.

That's the one I used to board Allure in September. @twangster has used them for most of his cruises recently I believe.

1 hour ago, Notaworryintheworld said:

Accepted, personally used for sailing in September.

Also from Royal's site: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

We get a lot of questions about Abbott tests, the most commonly available COVID-19 test brand. Here’s what’s accepted.

• Any Abbott brand test administered on site by a pharmacy technician or other health professional is accepted. This includes the common Abbot ID NOW test administered by many pharmacies. The test provider must provide you with a proper results document (no handwritten notes).

51 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Accepted, personally used for sailing in September.

Also from Royal's site: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

We get a lot of questions about Abbott tests, the most commonly available COVID-19 test brand. Here’s what’s accepted.

• Any Abbott brand test administered on site by a pharmacy technician or other health professional is accepted. This includes the common Abbot ID NOW test administered by many pharmacies. The test provider must provide you with a proper results document (no handwritten notes).

Do you know how many times I’ve read that page? And it didn’t even occur to me that abbot ID NOW was the same as the ID NOW I’m booked with. I promise you I’m not losing it…I hope… lol thanks for easing my mind!

15 hours ago, Notaworryintheworld said:

ID NOW has worked for me on four cruise lines including multiple Royal Caribbean sailings.  On Alure now and used Walgreens ID NOW test to board.