Advice Needed for Family Cruise - 2BR ATS

Hi everyone! Fist time poster here. Looking for some insight for a cruise we plan on booking for Summer 2023.

From the sounds of it, Royal usually releases the remaining of the Summer cruises mid to late November. Any idea of the exact week for the 7 night Caribbean cruise itineraries?

Also, wondering about pricing trends for the 2BR Aquatheater Suite (A1 & A2) cabin type. We have 13 people (includes 3 kids and 5 adult couples) in our party and are planning on booking two suites; one on top of each other. We're looking to book them for late June or early August 2023 based on how busy everyone is ATM. We're planning on booking the rooms right when the itinerary becomes available, probably on the Allure because it seems to have the lowest pricing.

Would $2000/pp seem like a reasonable guess for this room type, group size, ship, itinerary, and booking time? What have you paid for this room before? And have any you booked this right away?

Also, how have you been able to get a price match on this type of stateroom with such little availability? For example, when the other A1 stateroom books up, is the price adjustment no longer possible?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input. Looking forward to hearing everyone's previous experience with this room type which I've read only good things about!

-Eric

1 hour ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

Would $2000/pp seem like a reasonable guess for this room type, group size, ship, itinerary, and booking time? What have you paid for this room before? And have any you booked this right away?

That price would be a steal. Pre-covid, you might be able to find that price point for an ATS if it was during the low season and on an older ship (ex. Allure). Summer is not a low season. Last year’s release, going price for anything star was in the ballpark of $3500+ for quad occupancy. The newer ships even higher. 

If you are serious about that type of cabin, I would advise booking right away and not waiting. Star goes fast. You can always price adjust if the price comes down, yes, even if the category sells out it can be adjusted. However, I also wouldn’t hold my breath for a price drop. I booked three star class bookings with the release last November (Anthem, oasis, and symphony). All of those have either remained the same or have gone up since booking. 😕

Budget for 3K per person so you will be pleasantly surprised if you can catch it for lower.  You can't go based on the current values for summer 2022 for Allure.  There wasn't the usual amount of lead time for those sailings to be on sale since it's a new itinerary switch from what originally was planned for Allure.  Prices are cheaper because of this. There are so few of these suites across the fleet that you do want to lock them in when itineraries first open up and then price drop later.  Unfortunately deposits are not fully refundable so keep that in mind.  I would suggest going through a travel agent who can help you when the itineraries release.  Mine is able to put holds on them for 7-10 days typically while I make a decision.

Thanks everyone! 2k might be a little optimistic, I can concur. 😁

@Lovetocruise2002 for the price adjustment, would it only be possible for a TA to do that price adjustment without being able to see the current pricing with all rooms sold out? Or is there some way to see this? I know the likelihood of a price reduction for the type we're looking at is low, but it would be nice to know just in case?

Also, I've never worked with a TA before. Are there extra fees with booking through a TA or is their pay entirely commission based? Might be a dumb question, but I'm not afraid to say I'm a newbie to this.

For the price adjustment, I track my only pricing and message my TA if I notice a price drop. 

See this post: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/10443-fare-reduction-for-phantom-cabin/

A good TA should never be charging you extra fees. They get their fee directly from Royal. 

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

For the price adjustment, I track my only pricing and message my TA if I notice a price drop. 

See this post: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/10443-fare-reduction-for-phantom-cabin/

A good TA should never be charging you extra fees. They get their fee directly from Royal. 

Read your previous post. Very smart idea that makes total sense. A little more manual in nature, but spreadsheets are in my nature 😆 Thanks for the advice.

I've read good things about MEI travel on this blog. I think I'll give them a call.