Nightlife changes?

ArturoL

Last night at the silent disco:

IMG_0992.thumb.jpg.464ac75d741e93b5c8b72fd82b541ad5.jpg

There is no difference to when they stop serving alcohol compared to pre-pandemic.

The only difference is that they use rope barriers to keep guests from getting too close to the DJ or musician.  You can see a rope barrier in the picture above.  At the pub they have a piece of plastic in front of the entertainer in addition to the rope barrier.  This guy was pretty good.

IMG_0948.thumb.jpg.54b66654818b7424c48ca10473f833b6.jpg

On Oasis, they also had the velvet rope between the performers in Central Park and the passengers.

There was definitely also lots of dancing aboard. I don't have any pictures, but our '70s Disco Party was jumpin', even though people were spread out! And the salsa dancing at Bolero's was definitely hot, hot, hot!

Good Morning! I'm sailing on Allure of the Seas on 11/8 as a solo cruiser. How do I find out about theme nights (e.g., the 70s Night mentioned above) so I pack appropriately? I don't see anything in the RC app. I'm really enjoying reading all the great information in this forum. 😎

44 minutes ago, Debstr66 said:

How do I find out about theme nights (e.g., the 70s Night mentioned above) so I pack appropriately?

Welcome to the RoyalCaribbeanBlog message boards!

Refer to a past cruise compass. Find one from same itinerary as you and you can bet it will be same theme: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

2 hours ago, Debstr66 said:

Good Morning! I'm sailing on Allure of the Seas on 11/8 as a solo cruiser. How do I find out about theme nights (e.g., the 70s Night mentioned above) so I pack appropriately? I don't see anything in the RC app. I'm really enjoying reading all the great information in this forum. 😎

I see you are in PSL.  Me too !!  We just built a house in Riverland but we had been in SLW for a year before.  Small world.

17 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I see you are in PSL.  Me too !!  We just built a house in Riverland but we had been in SLW for a year before.  Small world.

Oh Wow! We're in Veranda Gardens. I have so much to learn about the cruise vernacular! I want to become a routine cruiser, probably solo since DH doesn't like to cruise.

This is what Boleros lounge looked like during the October 3-10, 2021 sailing on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston. Table and chairs were placed on the dance floor and no dancing was allowed at all!  Also no dancing was allowed in the Star Lounge. Even if they were the only couple on the dance floor, if a couple tried to dance they were quickly reprimanded and told to sit down. Very sad to see people treated this way, especially older couples who simply want to quietly dance with their partner. 

245341475_325647442661151_3647495811086170064_n.jpg

On Serenade right now dancing is allowed on both the pool deck and the Centrum when the band is playing. (Likely when they’re not playing too, now that I think about it 😉) There is no nightclub right now as that space is taken up by the Diamond lounge. Likely there would be some social distancing restrictions but the passenger count is low enough it hasn’t been mentioned. 

Fitness classes have been offered outside as well and have been well attended. 

That's good to hear!  I wonder why Royal Caribbean is so inconsistent in their policy.  I find it very frustrating that passengers are not told beforehand which ships have a no dancing policy.  Does anyone know what the policy is on Celebrity cruises since they are owned by Royal Caribbean? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 9:42 PM, KristiZ said:

On Serenade right now dancing is allowed on both the pool deck and the Centrum when the band is playing. (Likely when they’re not playing too, now that I think about it 😉) There is no nightclub right now as that space is taken up by the Diamond lounge. Likely there would be some social distancing restrictions but the passenger count is low enough it hasn’t been mentioned. 

Fitness classes have been offered outside as well and have been well attended. 

Very disappointing.  Hope things change by the time we cruise in early December.  Is the music in the Centrum "easy listening"?  Fun bar?  

On 10/13/2021 at 9:57 PM, Katy Babs said:

That's good to hear!  I wonder why Royal Caribbean is so inconsistent in their policy.  I find it very frustrating that passengers are not told beforehand which ships have a no dancing policy.  Does anyone know what the policy is on Celebrity cruises since they are owned by Royal Caribbean? 

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean International are sister brands operating under the Royal Caribbean Group.  

As individual and separate cruise lines they make their own policy choices.  Celebrity chose not to do test cruises so they have to sail with 95% vaccinated per the CDC's Conditional Sail Order.  Royal Caribbean International chose to do test sailings which allows them to sail with unvaccinated.  

Since the two cruise lines chose different paths offered under CDC guidelines they have to implement different policies.  Only Royal knows how many vax vs. unwilling to share vax status are on each sailing so the no dance policy may vary sailing to sailing.  We don't know how they decide that.  Dancing has been allowed on Allure.

4 hours ago, levib2 said:

Very disappointing.  Hope things change by the time we cruise in early December.  Is the music in the Centrum "easy listening"?  Fun bar?  

Depended on the night, which band was playing. The R Bar is in the Centrum and has an upscale vibe.

On the Oasis, it seems dancing is happening all over…including in the middle of the promenade…the house band is great! Velvet ropes and some plastic separates the bands and singers from the guests. 
This is the Stowaway Piano Player…not only does he have a velvet rope…he hangs a piece of plastic from his hat!

image.thumb.jpeg.7ecb86713d043603b0c89e5c4c0c7aca.jpeg

2 hours ago, BrianB said:

On the Oasis, it seems dancing is happening all over…including in the middle of the promenade…the house band is great! Velvet ropes and some plastic separates the bands and singers from the guests. 
This is the Stowaway Piano Player…not only does he have a velvet rope…he hangs a piece of plastic from his hat!

image.thumb.jpeg.7ecb86713d043603b0c89e5c4c0c7aca.jpeg

I don’t recall seeing him in Sept.  is he in one place or moving about?