Crown and Anchor questions about blocks and kids benefits

Va4fam

Have a couple of questions about C & A benefits.

Does Royal still hand out the ship blocks after 140 points?  How does it work.....do you receive the block as soon as you hit the points threshold or do they wait until your next cruise to give it to you?  How do they pick the ship?  Is it the one you sailed on to reach the points quota or the next ship that you sail on?  Does anyone have a picture of their block they can share?  Once you receive your first block, do you keep earning them after 70 additional points?

2nd question is about C & A benefits for adult children traveling with us.  If we are Diamond, and they are sharing a suite with us, will they receive Diamond benefits too?  What happens if they have their own room, will they be at their current levels (Platinum)?  

Thank you so much. 

You will receive a block on the ship where you cross the points threshold.  If you are at 135 points and board a seven night cruise you will get a block on that sailing since you cross 140 while on the ship even though the points don't post for a couple weeks.  

It is every 70 points after that.  140, 210, 280, 350, 420...  and so on.

The new process involves a letter in your cabin asking if you want the block on the ship or shipped to your house.  

FD36P5d.jpg

C&A benefits are tied to the individual and loaded on your seapass card.  They are not assigned to the cabin or your cabin mates, so your adult children will be at their own naturally earned level.  If you share a suite with them, all suite guests receive the suite benefits.  Suite benefits are independent and different from C&A benefits.  

They are doing them, i just got one on Mariner this weekend.

Had no idea what it was for at first but realized they were right and i did hit 140 on this cruise (with the double points deal).

I did not get asked anything, just had a shiny block of crystal sitting in my cabin waiting one evening.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Funny enough I too got a Mariner block this weekend.

The form was waiting in my room on day 1, but the blocks got delivered on day 2.

Well I would assume from a financial standpoint it’s cheaper for you to lug it home then Royal having to ship them. We will get one in May while in Alaska. Our suitcases will be heavy enough! Lol If it ends up in our cabin, I may go to the LA and ask if they can ship it instead. 

5 hours ago, Va4fam said:

2nd question is about C & A benefits for adult children traveling with us.  If we are Diamond, and they are sharing a suite with us, will they receive Diamond benefits too?  What happens if they have their own room, will they be at their current levels (Platinum)?  

Adult children would be at their own respective levels.

31 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

For spouses/kids under 18.

if I’m the first to earn my 140 points….and hubby/under 17 is not on that sailing….do they get a block on their next sailing? Or do they only get a block when they actually earn those 140 points in their own account?

Actually, I'm pretty sure they'll only give you one block even if hubby/under 17 ARE on the sailing.

58 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

For spouses/kids under 18.

if I’m the first to earn my 140 points….and hubby/under 17 is not on that sailing….do they get a block on their next sailing? Or do they only get a block when they actually earn those 140 points in their own account?

Have you linked your accounts in a C&A relationship?

If they are at your level by declaring them in a relationship then you all have earned the block when you reach 140 and earn a block.  

If they are not in a C&A relationship with you and have whatever level in C&A that they have earned on their own merit, then if they sail on their own at some point in the future they would qualify for a block at that time.

If a cruise buddy and I share a cabin once in a blue moon they'll continue to earn blocks on their own merit just as I will. In theory we could both qualify for blocks on the same cruise we happen to share a cabin on by coincidence and in that case we would both get blocks.

My understanding from C&A is each couple one block. If you are married you are a couple so that disqualifies you from separate blocks. It is different if you are sailing with someone other than your spouse. Your spouse automatically is moved to your level in crown and anchor. We have 110 cruises with RCCL and have never received separate blocks even when sailing alone. My husband who had less days than me, was credited with my number of nights. If this information contradicts your thinking,  you can always call C&A?

The only time we both got a block was when we were B2B SC on Anthem. Our Genie showed up with 2 blocks. We told her that we really only rated getting 1 block but she said to just keep them both, so we did. I later traded one of those Anthem blocks for one I did not have (can’t remember which ship it was).

Another way to inadvertently receive multiple blocks is book side to side cruises at a block threshold.

If you are at 139 points and board a 3 night cruise you get a block.  If you move to another ship it appears you have 139 points because the points from the 3 night haven't posted yet.  This will usually result in a block on the second ship as well.  

Sometimes this works on a B2B but sometimes the LA will recognize it and only deliver one block.  

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The only time we both got a block was when we were B2B SC on Anthem. Our Genie showed up with 2 blocks. We told her that we really only rated getting 1 block but she said to just keep them both, so we did. I later traded one of those Anthem blocks for one I did not have (can’t remember which ship it was).

This is interesting since all four of us, My, Wife, Kid 1 and Kid 2 will all pass 140 on our spring break cruise in April..... as much fun as it would be....I don't really want to get 4 glass blocks for the same vessel on a trip where I am flying to sail 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Just came back from dinner and found this block. I didn’t receive a letter beforehand asking if I wanted it mailed. Funny thing…this is only my second block and I have 316 points…after this b2b I’ll have 400. I guess I missed out on a block? 

image.jpeg

Look at your cruise history to determine which ships you were on when you hit 140 and 210 blocks.  Call C&A and tell them which one you are missing.  Unless you missed the 140 in the 2011 conversion (people have reported blocks were not awarded if earned because of the bonus points during the conversion), they will send you the appropriate blocks.