Mask rumors and wearing of them

Jim D

I have read on rcl website that masks are not required in fitness classes because the mask is liable to get wet?  But customer service says you have to wear a mask during fitness classes but she also said things change.  So whom do I believe the website or the rcl rep? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Believe the sign on the door when you get there and the instructor or guide in the room.  The mask situation is changing all the time and it may change every single day till the time you get on the ship.

The key to everything is to be flexible and ready to deal with things as they happen without getting majorly upset or going off the handle on the ship.  However if you can't do that it's best to delay things till they are more stable.

The gym on Harmony was mask-free when I was onboard at the end of September. I double checked with the staff at the desk the first time before using it. There were signs outside reminding you to mask up when you exited. I did not do any group sessions, though, only my own work-outs.

Two weeks ago on Ovation the fitness class was mask optional as everyone had to be vaccinated. Did not see any participants with mask on but they were spread out. Saw several folks with masks on using the weights but not the treadmill. No one had any problems and each did their own thing.

Interesting.  I just ask because after getting COVID in early 2020.  I’m on two inhalers and gave difficulty breathing sometime. But want to continue my weight loss journey I’ve been in this year. And I know because spinning is very high intensity that wouldn’t be able to do it without a mask. I’d pass out and fall off the bike.  Lol. @PG Cruiser @MuttMutt. @FionaMG @Jverge  @CrznTxn   Thanks for your answers and feedback,