Royal website and app - wishes and suggestions.

D Alt

I wish the RC website had an option to save a favorite cruise (itinerary) so you can come back and book it in the future.  There are so many cruises I want to take but I have to go through the process of finding it first out of hundreds of cruises. This would be a nice option to have. And maybe along those lines a way to save your favorite ship or write reviews of dining, excursions and other experiences. 

Also on the app: I wish that I could see my purchases BEFORE cruise sail date somewhere in my account.  Like all the packages I purchased, what my balance due is...just like on the website. 

Also in our account/profile a place where we can save our passport and vax card so we don't have to keep uploading it for each cruise. 

I'm new to both of these, so i'm sure after my first cruise i'll have more suggestions, but...

What are some of your wish-list items for a better RC website and app?

I am all about this topic! My wishlist:

Sort itineraries by visited port or region (only see ships going to Aruba or Southern Caribbean)

Sort itineraries by exact departure date (all ships leaving on October 16, not just month of October)

Sort itineraries by ship class

Option to save search parameters

6 minutes ago, SuperStarian said:

only see ships going to Aruba

You can do this now in a tricky way which is how I found all the cruises going to the ABC islands.. Some cruises only go to A and C but I wanted all three so I searched for Bonaire as a port destination and got all the results that included it! 

You can do this by going to the hamburger drop down menu in the upper left > Cruise Destinations > Cruise ports. This brings you to a full list of the ports RC sails to. Find the port that interests you, click on it and scroll down to the list of itineraries available that include the port. Use the blue on white navigation to scroll to the end of this list and click "View all itineraries in this category" Boom! 

1372898847_ScreenShot2021-10-11at11_01_35AM.thumb.png.b180eb37244d94ff0a9a6fe24f771e4d.png

58 minutes ago, SuperStarian said:

I am all about this topic! My wishlist:

Sort itineraries by visited port or region (only see ships going to Aruba or Southern Caribbean)

Sort itineraries by exact departure date (all ships leaving on October 16, not just month of October)

Sort itineraries by ship class

Option to save search parameters

Adding to your departure date wish, I would like to be able to ask it to show me cruises departing within a specific date range, e.g. 16 October to 16 November, instead of both the entire months of October and November. You used to be able to do that in the past, but they took it away during one of their "enhancements". 😞

I think someone else mentioned it in another thread, but I'd like a way to search based on overall room price for a specific type of room, regardless of itinerary. For instance, if you wanted to try out a  Star Suite but didn't care about the specific ship or ports, you could just sort to find the cheapest one currently for sale.

I'd also love a way to see the default price as more than 2 people. I've picked what I *thought* was the cheapest week of an itinerary, only to have the price jump majorly when I told it I was sailing with 3 people instead of 2.

18 minutes ago, GKMCruising said:

I think someone else mentioned it in another thread, but I'd like a way to search based on overall room price for a specific type of room, regardless of itinerary. For instance, if you wanted to try out a  Star Suite but didn't care about the specific ship or ports, you could just sort to find the cheapest one currently for sale.

I'd also love a way to see the default price as more than 2 people. I've picked what I *thought* was the cheapest week of an itinerary, only to have the price jump majorly when I told it I was sailing with 3 people instead of 2.

It would be great if Royal would make these things possible.  Have you ever tried using cruiseplum? It has some of those features. I know it will break it down by per day and per person costs for 1-4 people and you can also specify you only want to see Star Class.

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It would be great if Royal would make these things possible.  Have you ever tried using cruiseplum? It has some of those features. I know it will break it down by per day and per person costs for 1-4 people and you can also specify you only want to see Star Class.

I haven't - I'll have to check that out when the sailings for 2023 drop. I already have a full dance card with two sailings in 2022 - living in GA means working around my available vacation time - I can't just pop on a weekend cruise whenever I want, unfortunately. 🤣

Similar to viewing the seatmap of an airplane flight without having to buy the ticket first...

I'd like to see a map of available cabins on each sailing without having to go through the booking process.  

ie.  I hate selecting "connecting balcony" because it's cheapest, only to click through and discover there's only 1 cabin on Deck 6 remaining and that's it.  🙄  Then I have to back out and pick the next "spacious balcony" category or whatever it is, and repeat the process.  

Even better would to be able to just view Deck plans for a given sailing and "hover" your mouse over the cabin and have a price displayed ... like how on aa.com I can see my Main Cabin Extra seat is $35 right on the seatmap.  

35 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'd happily subcontract out to RC to implement this stuff. Heck I'd work for in-kind payment of cruise credit

When I was in college in the late 2000s, I worked as an IT help desk co-op for the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations. The travel department was the absolute worst if an issue came up, because apparently all their systems still had to run a bunch of ancient software from the MS-DOS era in order to communicate with airlines and various other legacy systems. But you'd think that surely Royal could find an IT department that didn't seem to have *every* system stuck in the MS-DOS era... 🤣

I’d like to see ALL available cabins on a deck, then be able to hover over them to see pricing, and be able to click and throw them into my cart.  It’s not easy booking multiple rooms for family, this would be a big help.

also the ability to toggle between decks.  It’s tiring to open a tab to look at deck plans for above and below the cabin you might want.

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'd like to log in and save my C&A number and my qualifiers like age and state once per session. 

I don't like having to re-enter the same info over and over when pricing different cruises and dates.   

This. So much this. I don't understand why it doesn't save these. Heck, it tells me on the main page that it sees I'm a Georgia resident and may be eligible for special rates... and then still makes me enter my state on every booking check. Same thing for C&A number - if I'm logged in, it should already have that number easily available to check bookings with, I shouldn't need to type it again.

14 hours ago, PurdueFlyer said:

Even better would to be able to just view Deck plans for a given sailing and "hover" your mouse over the cabin and have a price displayed ... like how on aa.com I can see my Main Cabin Extra seat is $35 right on the seatmap.  

If you want to purchase a ticket to sporting events on the secondary market, all of the resale sites have this feature - right down to the individual seat price in some cases.

All of these suggestion are amazing and I agree.

I also wish we had the ability to hold a reservation. Sometimes I see a good deal but don't know all the logistics. Like if the flight and pre-cruise hotel will be more than the cruise. A 24-48hr curtesy hold would be nice, just to make sure. Often times we go back and the room we want is gone.

I whole heartedly agree with the wishlist option. I will often window shop for cruises just before booking and it would be great if i didn't have to try to remember all the search criteria I used before. I would also like a wishlist in the cruise planner especially for shore excursions. right now, if there's some I'm interested in, I just load them up in my cart but that feels dangerous being one or two clicks away from buying.

I would like to have custom preferences when I search and I would like to skip a few steps in booking by it remembering what stateroom category is my go to.

One tip is once you have a search result tailored do what you're looking for, you can bookmark that page.

Another tip is that you can search on departure day of month, not just departure month. Search by month, then you can change the URL for dates within that month. Highlighted in red below you'll see a search that's 7/10/22 to 8/15/22

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?dates_maxDate=08%2F15%2F2022&dates_minDate=07%2F10%2F2022