Puerto Plata Where will we dock? Allure Sailing on Nov. 27,2021

Upcoming Nov 27th cruise on Allure of the Seas:  The new or planned " Taino Bay" is designed to handle the super large Oasis Class ships.  It is located in the middle of Puerto Plata city. But there is a news report that it will now not be open until Dec. 15th.

So, will we be able to dock in Carnival's "Amber Cove" outside the city if "Taino Bay is not open yet? ( I hope Taino is the name of the new cruise port?).

• Phillip Diamond Plus changed the title to Puerto Plata Where will we dock? Allure Sailing on Nov. 27,2021

I just found Amber Cove 's website. Although it is owned by Carnival, it shows  Allure of the Seas docking there on Nov. 29th!

Their cruises ship calendar also has several Celebrity and NCL ships docking there in November. 

So maybe, Carnival is being accommodating to other lines since the other new port in Puerto Plata is not ready yet!  

What do you think?

It was cancelled due to the unfinished dock on our 12/19/2021 cruise on Oasis. I agree that you're not going. They just haven't told you yet. I got an email from Royal last month stating our itinerary changes. It took almost three weeks for the cruise planner to accurately reflect the changes. 

On 10/15/2021 at 1:07 PM, kadmgs said:

It was cancelled due to the unfinished dock on our 12/19/2021 cruise on Oasis. I agree that you're not going. They just haven't told you yet. I got an email from Royal last month stating our itinerary changes. It took almost three weeks for the cruise planner to accurately reflect the changes. 

Where did they change your itinerary to?

5 minutes ago, Curtis Kari said:

Where did they change your itinerary to?

We also lost Labadee (like every other cruise right now) and our sail away moved from 4pm to 6pm. As a result of the time change, they cancelled our stop in San Juan made it a sea day. They added St. Maarten and Coco Cay to replace Puerto Plata and Labadee. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just informed by email that our April 2 RCL cruise on Allure will not stop at DR due to port construction delays, substituting Nassau instead.  All Allure Eastern Carib. itineraries from Dec to Apr have been changed. They just figured out the port construction is delayed 6 months...?? Super bummed - chose this itinerary specifically to visit the Dominican Republic. Have been to Nassau so many times I can't count. We'll just stay on the ship most likely.

Our Allure sailing Nov.27th itinerary now does not have Puerto Plata and St. Kitts/Nevis.

Instead we are visiting Coco Cay and  San Juan,Puerto Rico.  We are disappointed in not visiting St. Kitts as we had scheduled a shore excursion to Nevis where we had never been.

But what the heck!  Being on Allure in a Central Park Balcony room  down the hall from the Diamond Club should be wonderful!!  

We have absolutely loved  and will love just being on any Oasis Class Ship wherever it goes!!!

4 hours ago, GottaGo said:

Just informed by email that our April 2 RCL cruise on Allure will not stop at DR due to port construction delays, substituting Nassau instead.  All Allure Eastern Carib. itineraries from Dec to Apr have been changed. They just figured out the port construction is delayed 6 months...?? Super bummed - chose this itinerary specifically to visit the Dominican Republic. Have been to Nassau so many times I can't count. We'll just stay on the ship most likely.

Well this bites... I can't stand Nassau and we just booked a Feb trip on Allure that has DR and Labadee listed.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Nathan adams said:

when did you receive notification of this? I will dig through my spam folder, but my account on the RC website still says PP. maybe we will be the grand opening of the new pier?

Think 2 weeks ago.   (This was a direct booking for us, so not sure if a TA booking (if you went that way) would make any difference in notification path .)

• 1 month later...

The Puerto Plata port (Taino Bay) opened this week (on 12/15) and has already received two passenger ships. I wonder what are the odds of Royal Caribbean putting it back on my itinerary for January 2022….

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/economy/2021/12/17/cruise-ship-cuts-ribbon-on-puerto-plata-us80m-port/

https://www.porttainobay.com/es

It looks wonderful! 

Looks like they are adding this port to more itineraries. With the recent redeployments and switch to Wonder from Harmony, they adjusted our original itinerary... they dropped St. Thomas and St. Maarten and added Puerto Plata and Nassau (not again!)... note our sailing is not until JAN 7, 2023!

Original itinerary...

image.png.e288d8cd7545e676dff378d50d048d8e.png

... new itinerary for us, unless it changes again... not counting on Labadee...

image.thumb.png.a77c6557cd78275904a9861861eaf86a.png

2 hours ago, OscarMayer said:

The Puerto Plata port (Taino Bay) opened this week (on 12/15) and has already received two passenger ships. I wonder what are the odds of Royal Caribbean putting it back on my itinerary for January 2022….

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/economy/2021/12/17/cruise-ship-cuts-ribbon-on-puerto-plata-us80m-port/

https://www.porttainobay.com/es

It looks wonderful! 

This is huge news! We were schedule there in Feb, but they changed us to Nassau.  I hope they reverse it! I don’t want to go to Nassau!!!