Has anyone submitted their online testing from Binax to their insurance and had it paid for?

Blondie511

So I know that I can use my HSA or FSA to buy the test.  I also see on the Binax site that they are sending some form that I can submit to my health insurance to try to get it reimbursed?  Has anyone tried that and  succeeded?  If so, what company health insurance was it?  (Trying to decide if it is worth the effort to even submit it…..)

3 minutes ago, Blondie511 said:

So I know that I can use my HSA or FSA to buy the test.  I also see on the Binax site that they are sending some form that I can submit to my health insurance to try to get it reimbursed?  Has anyone tried that and  succeeded?  If so, what company health insurance was it?  (Trying to decide if it is worth the effort to even submit it…..)

I have. You should submit it. Your tax dollars are paying for testing coverage still. My policy is with BCBS, but they should all be paying you back for all/most out of pocket testing. They’re just hoping you don’t so they get to keep the funds they’re getting from the federal government.

5 hours ago, KristiZ said:

I have. You should submit it. Your tax dollars are paying for testing coverage still. My policy is with BCBS, but they should all be paying you back for all/most out of pocket testing. They’re just hoping you don’t so they get to keep the funds they’re getting from the federal government.

BCBS isn't getting any money from the federal government for testing unless BCBS can prove they SPENT money on testing, they aren't hoarding some sort of windfall.