Binax Now Covid tests are sold out and not in stock

Blondie511

1 hour ago, Blondie511 said:

Hello!  Today is Sunday and I thought that I would buy my Binax Now tests for my upcoming cruise in November.  The site says that they are sold out?  Has anyone seen this before?  Should I just keep stalking the page for when they re stock?  Should I relax or freak out?  

I did the same thing -- I did sign up to be on their waiting list.  If I haven't gotten an update by the end of October that they're back in stock (and get them ordered), I'll order the three pack from RCL's vendor.  I intend to revisit the E Med page at least three times a week just in case . . .

They stopped manufacturing these tests several months ago because no one was buying them.  What they had on hand was all there was.  Then the delta variant hit.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/568859-abbott-directs-employees-to-dispose-of-rapid-covid-test-materials

The White House claims to be ramping up rapid tests for home use but it's not clear if they will be offered in a proctored video version or not, or when they'll start making them.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/10/06/1043786906/rapid-at-home-covid-tests-white-house

• Shortages of tests kits are being reported around the country, driven by demand from parents purchasing the kits for children who've returned to the classroom and from employees returning to the workplace.
  • Meanwhile, the FDA announced on Tuesday that Ellume has recalled nearly 200,000 at-home test kits because they had a higher-than-expected rate of falsely positive tests.

I just rec'd some test thru RC site, and they are outdated.  Expired in Sept. 2021.  I have contacted the company with no response.  This is the second time I have had trouble,  The first time I ordered 4, paid for 4, rec'd only 2.   I contacted the company for that also, with no response.  RC should be aware of these issues I think.  No response from RC email.  And on hole forever on a phone call and hung up.  Anyone else having these issues?

7 hours ago, Blondie511 said:

Hello!  Today is Sunday and I thought that I would buy my Binax Now tests for my upcoming cruise in November.  The site says that they are sold out?  Has anyone seen this before?  Should I just keep stalking the page for when they re stock?  Should I relax or freak out?  

I am on the waitlist for these myself.  On list for about a week now.   I don't cruise til first of Dec.

8 hours ago, twangster said:

They stopped manufacturing these tests several months ago because no one was buying them.  What they had on hand was all there was.  Then the delta variant hit.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/568859-abbott-directs-employees-to-dispose-of-rapid-covid-test-materials

The White House claims to be ramping up rapid tests for home use but it's not clear if they will be offered in a proctored video version or not, or when they'll start making them.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/10/06/1043786906/rapid-at-home-covid-tests-white-house

• Shortages of tests kits are being reported around the country, driven by demand from parents purchasing the kits for children who've returned to the classroom and from employees returning to the workplace.
  • Meanwhile, the FDA announced on Tuesday that Ellume has recalled nearly 200,000 at-home test kits because they had a higher-than-expected rate of falsely positive tests.

Ok so I bought my two last month for my cruise in 12/5. Are these things expired and I won't be able to use?