Getting better fares/Our travel agent

levib2

We booked with Chase's Travel Dept since we used points for some of our cruisefare.  However, they have no email access , do not seem very "attentive" when I call, and aren't available on weekends.

If I come across a sale and cannot reach my TA, would RC deal with me directly?

When you use a TA, you no longer ‘own’ your reservation. That’s why finding a good TA is critical. Most great TAs get repeat customers because they offer fantastic service as they advocate for you…find the price drops…find the best deals. It takes a lot to manage a reservation. It’s not just book and forget. A good deal from a box store, or a discount company, or even a credit card company may be great when it’s booked, but if prices drop as time goes on…or a better cabin or upgrade is possible…than you can miss out on a much better deal. Good luck and I hope everything works out for the best!

2 hours ago, levib2 said:

Since I wanted to use some points for my reservation I made it through Chase, my cc.  Guess I should have switched it to a more accessible TA within the timeframe.  Lesson learned

I totally understand that 'lesson learned' - tried out a new TA, thought I had done my homework on them, but apparently there was something I missed because they are not very good.  Oh well, lesson learned for me too!!