Can a passenger(s) be removed from a booking?

ScottW3

I'm currently booked in a 2br aquatheater suite in April 2022 for 6 people. We're considering not bringing our youngest kids (3 yo twins). Is it possible to remove them from the booking? Is there a penalty? I've read an old post about RC repricing the room for the remaining 4. Is that still the policy? Just trying to determine what my options are. Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, ScottW3 said:

I'm currently booked in a 2br aquatheater suite in April 2022 for 6 people. We're considering not bringing our youngest kids (3 yo twins). Is it possible to remove them from the booking? Is there a penalty? I've read an old post about RC repricing the room for the remaining 4. Is that still the policy? Just trying to determine what my options are. Thanks. 

I really don't know the answer for sure, but I think there is a very good chance that the cruisefare would be repriced if you removed pax at this point.

The advice that I think you will receive here is to simply have the 2 young'uns be no-shows at the pier.  Basically, do nothing...but they simply don't come along.  You would be refunded taxes and port fees for them but the cruisefare would not change.

I would discuss this with your TA if you booked through one and there's no down side to calling Royal to ask them if you booked directly.

Like @WAAAYTOOO said, your best bet is to call them. That being said, we have 6 in a 2BRATS as well. Passengers 5 and 6 are the same rate as numbers 3 and 4, so if the two youngest are passengers 5 and 6 dropping them off shouldn't cause a reprice. I have booked a few of these rooms with 4 originally, and the base rate never changed when I added guests 5 and 6.

You may lose your deposit for the two, or get it back as FCC depending on the CWC rules for your sailing.

I don't have an official source but I believe I've seen it posted that the pricing for passenger #3 and higher is locked in once you book with 3+ passengers.  So going from 2 to 3 will trigger a reprice but going from 3 to 4+ does not.  They just add more people at passenger #3's price.  Based on that, I've seen recommendations to book for the most people you think will come because it's always harder to add people.  (For example, even if the room fits more, if the muster station is full, you cannot add more passengers).  If the per passenger cost is locked, it shouldn't be hard to remove them.  Definitely worth calling.

No show is certainly an option but probably an expensive choice due to the suite.