Flow rider changes?

steverk

We love the flowerier, however never stood up yet. Maybe one day? I recall when the Ovation first came to Sydney Australia and we sailed on her, We remeber a couple times talking to a people with bandaged legs trying to hobble around on crutches and now in a wheerchair with a broken ankle. They all hurt themselves on the flow rider on the first day, even before we did sail away. The poor guys, what a way to start your cruise?    

It is fun and enjoy injuries are rare and this is probably why I resist the urge to stand up. Worse wipe out for me only ended up in embarrassment with both my boards and speedos being pulled down. Horrified children scattering, lol. Look forward to trying the updated flow rider 

1 hour ago, Cirasa said:

Was on Symphony last month and noticed they changed some rules as well.  Most noticeable one being they won't help you do standup anymore, you'd have to get into the wave yourself since apparently RC got sued because someone got hurt when the instructor "pushed" that person in.

They’ll help you stand up if you pay for a lesson (based on Sept Oasis sailing)

I thought wiping out was part of the fun? 😂🤣.  Definitely had my share of spills, my favorite activity on the ship.

Slightly off topic, if your budget allows, I'd recommend Flow Rider lessons. We don't really need lessons but it allows for many more rides in a hour than you would normally get and you may learn a new trick or 2.  

11 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

Worse wipe out for me only ended up in embarrassment with both my boards and speedos being pulled down. Horrified children scattering, lol. Look forward to trying the updated flow rider 

Sorry.  I didn't really mean to laugh.  I'm sure it was humiliating at the time but the mental image !  WHEW !

Wiping out (and watching people wipe out) is definitely part of the fun (as long as no one gets hurt).  Flowboarding is a great exercise too, it doesn't matter how much I eat on the ship, I usually end up losing weight when I go cruising because I'm on the Flowrider for hours everyday!

On 10/10/2021 at 11:46 AM, CruisingOz said:

We love the flowerier, however never stood up yet. Maybe one day? I recall when the Ovation first came to Sydney Australia and we sailed on her, We remeber a couple times talking to a people with bandaged legs trying to hobble around on crutches and now in a wheerchair with a broken ankle. They all hurt themselves on the flow rider on the first day, even before we did sail away. The poor guys, what a way to start your cruise?    

It is fun and enjoy injuries are rare and this is probably why I resist the urge to stand up. Worse wipe out for me only ended up in embarrassment with both my boards and speedos being pulled down. Horrified children scattering, lol. Look forward to trying the updated flow rider 

That's hilarious!

Similar happened infront of me on Quantum, at the pool area on the first day. A guy had a cocktail in each hand and slipped on the deck, causing his shorts to fall down around his ankles, giving everyone quite the eyeful, LOL. He stayed on his feet but had a drink in each hand and couldn't quickly pull up his shorts. He stood there for a second or two just trying to figure out what to do, while everybody around laughed and clapped. Poor guy.