Price Drop Flex

14 minutes ago, Riley said:

Yep - I have negotiated quite close to departure but they simply offered the difference as onboard credit. It wasn't a big drop (think the difference ended up being $111) so I was fine with that.

I think this option (OBC after final payment date) went away with the end of Cruise With Confidence.  Glad you were able to take advantage of it while it was in effect

I booked a couple of cruises in Nov, those have literally doubled. I got OV balconies in Allure for $490pp and just checked and it was $945 for CP, close to $1100pp for OV. 

Booked Wonder and Mariner in January. A 3 person balcony was $419pp, its now $579 GTY and the cost of a Wonder balcony for 3 has gone up almost $300pp.

I doubt we'll see price drops for a very long time. I keep telling my friends and family to book early,  prices will only continue to increase.

• 11 months later...

resurrecting this to ask...has anyone had any price drops in the last couple months? We booked our August trip for this year onboard last august (for work reasons, it's the only time I can really be gone for a long while) and despite checking almost every day since booking....there has been 0 price drops. i know prices are going up but I'm a little surprised I can't even wrangle back $10 bucks!

13 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

resurrecting this to ask...has anyone had any price drops in the last couple months? We booked our August trip for this year onboard last august (for work reasons, it's the only time I can really be gone for a long while) and despite checking almost every day since booking....there has been 0 price drops. i know prices are going up but I'm a little surprised I can't even wrangle back $10 bucks!

I'd  guess August is prime travel time, so no discounts. We go off season and haven't  seen drops for our balcony staterooms.

Not only are prices not going down…but it seems like some of the regular discounts are not being applied. When I check bookings without my C&A number and then re-check with my number, the price either doesn’t change, or it drops by $50. 

I cruise solo and with my C&A number entered, I should be getting the 150% solo cruiser discount.

These are cruises that are not during the blackout periods…no summer, holiday, spring break, new ship…nada.

Even the Next Cruise people couldn’t understand why the discount isn’t being applied.

I know it has that loophole ‘where applicable’ and they control the definition of ‘applicable’…but I didn’t think it would mean as long as we can get more, then the discount is not applicable.

Oh, well….decided to take a risk and booked a bunch anyway at Next Cruise with $100 deposits each to lock them in and will monitor. Hopefully the discount eventually gets applied but I’m suspecting that when it does, it will be on a new, higher price and not the price when I booked it. If the price doesn’t drop by final payment, then I’ll have to consider cancellation and forfeit the $100.

Bridges to cross when I get to them….

2 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

I'd  guess August is prime travel time, so no discounts. We go off season and haven't  seen drops for our balcony staterooms.

We've gotten them before for August. Nothing as big as others have mentioned, but I think we were able to snag about $200 savings overall on a GS on Allure. I definitely know I'm in a sucky position having little choice but to cruise when all the kids are still free and everyone is trying to get that last trip in....*kicks rocks* stupid work calendar...

27 minutes ago, ScottD said:

Yep- I picked mine because it was the lowest price of the 3 sailings in July. It's now going for way more than the other two sailings, and my room category is up about $400. 

Yeah, I'm also looking at 2025 cruises and the fact that JS on non-Oasis class ships are going for as much as I'm used to paying for a GS is crazy. I'm feeling bad cuz we finally convinced someone to sail with us but these prices may price them out T_T

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

My sister got a small price drop a few months ago on UT 3/10/2025 sailing, in a Grand Suite. I am on the same sailing in the ATS and mine went up by $3000. Go figure. lol

My current cruise is hovering at about $500 - $700 higher per person than when we booked....

at best it will be only $300 more 😰

Matt's article this morning reading our minds: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2024/02/26/royal-caribbean-wave-season-hot-demand

I did it in November but just discovered this thread, so I'll post about it. We sail on Symphony at the end of March and my parents decided to join us this trip (they have not cruised since the 80s when my Dad's company used to charter cruises). They booked a GTY oceanview because they are retired on a fixed income and it was the lowest price at the time (a few dollars less then an inside guarantee). They were assigned a room really early, it was half of a connecting and in a bad spot, so TA was able to shift them to a better, but still not great, spot on the 3rd floor (only OV rooms left). 

I wasn't happy with their location but when I checked on upgrading them to a GTY neighborhood balcony, it would have been $500 so I decided to wait for Royal Up. 

However, I checked during the BF sales and fares had dropped. I don't know what their 3rd floor OV would have been to just reprice, but my TA offered two options - save $20 to switch to a neighborhood balcony GTY or pay $60 total to upgrade to a OV balcony GTY. No brainer for us - we upgraded them to an ocean view balcony GTY for $60. 

They were again assigned a room very quickly on the 6th floor near the spa. My TA (the awesome Jennifer K. from MEI) reached out and said she saw rooms on the 8th floor near where we were, so we were able to swap them to a room 2 doors down from us. So for $60, they went from a bad OV on the 3rd floor to an oceanview balcony on the 8th floor. 

Been keeping tabs on my next Royal Caribbean cruise in 2025. Originally booked it just over 1 year ago, and the price has never come close to what I'm paying for it since. I've been checking the prices daily since original booking, but I didn't start writing down the prices until April of last year. That price was $149.00 more and has since skyrocketed. The most it has gone up so far was September of last year when they were asking $1,089 more. If I were to book this cruise today (2/26/24) it would be $851 more. And this is for a promenade view cabin which there are plenty left to choose from on this cruise.

Needless to say, I've been shopping around and have found better bargains. I'll be going on one of Carnival's newer, bigger ships late next year, and I'm also doing some more land-based vacations that fall within my budget. I can no longer be loyal to Royal. And yes, I know there are others who will pick up the slack.

Update…GOOD NEWS!

On the Anthem now. I checked in this afternoon with Next Cruise about the missing solo cruiser discount on the cruises I booked two weeks ago. Danning said she had not received a response from the email she sent at that time. She told me she would contact shoreside and get me an answer.

At 8pm I saw that Royal had emailed me fifteen new cruise confirmation receipts.

All fifteen cruises had the discount applied…to the original lower price! No need to worry about crossing bridges when I get to them anymore. Very happy!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Talk about timing- my TA just sent me an email confirming some final details before final payment coming up, she also threw this little note in... 

"-Price: Your price has increased by $600, so you still have the best price at this time"

So my room is actually $600 more than it was when I booked it almost 5 months ago.

11 hours ago, BrianB said:

Update…GOOD NEWS!

On the Anthem now. I checked in this afternoon with Next Cruise about the missing solo cruiser discount on the cruises I booked two weeks ago. Danning said she had not received a response from the email she sent at that time. She told me she would contact shoreside and get me an answer.

At 8pm I saw that Royal had emailed me fifteen new cruise confirmation receipts.

All fifteen cruises had the discount applied…to the original lower price! No need to worry about crossing bridges when I get to them anymore. Very happy!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Congrats! Glad it all worked out for you!

Right after last Thanksgiving, we booked a July sailing for Wonder. The price of our 3-person OV balcony was reduced several times since then- to the point that it is now costing us $600 less (total for the cabin) than when we booked. However, the same cabin is now going for $300 more than what we initially booked at. I suspect those of you who aren’t seeing price reductions are just booking really far in advance and getting the best price as soon as itineraries are released!