Price Drop Flex

Hi!

I know we all know about and take advantage of price drops and I figured I'd make a place where we can just brag about our wins (small, medium or OMG).

I'll go first.

Allure 2022 - so far managed to shave off $240 and working on another $20😁 Every little bit counts!

What are you saving? Share (and maybe we'll help others remember to check frequently too!)

Harmony (September 25, 2022) - Currently down $296 from when we originally booked onboard with NextCruise, though we lost $50 in OBC, so we're really down $246 total on that one.

Wonder (March 4, 2022) - Currently down $125 from our original booking price. A little bit more expensive than the original week we had planned for Wonder (March 25) but totally worth it to do the inaugural sailing.

6 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I am hoping that black Friday nets me some CP savings

Black Friday is always wonderful, I've saved so much every year with that one. I'm also *really* hoping that a Kids Sail Free offer pops up between now and my two sailings, as that'll drop my daughter's fare off entirely, which will be a fairly significant savings. I'm not banking on it for Wonder, but betting it'll at least show up before the one on Harmony.

So far my best was for one that ended up being canceled. 😞

Allure of the Seas -- 7N Western Caribbean and Perfect Day -- August 2021

Original Booking Total -- September 3, 2019 -- $3376 (Inside GTY for 2 people)

8 reprices later....

Final Payment Total  -- April 30, 2021 -- $1747.40

Total savings -- $1628.60

Then it was canceled as the last of the Allure cancelations before the restart.  We ended up on a 4N on the freedom during the same week, that was more than the 7N on the Allure would have been 😞 

11 minutes ago, Sweety said:

Freedom of the Seas April 11-15, 2022. Saved $520 per cabin total saving 520 times 3=1560.

Put the money to use on another cruise.

Yeah, the savings on my two bookings is part of what allowed me to justify springing for the UDP for the first time on our Wonder sailing. That, and I *really* want to try out Hooked.

59 minutes ago, skittermagoo said:

Not a hard savings per se, but I was able to switch from a GTY ocean view to an assigned balcony stateroom on Adventure of the Seas (Jan 2022) and saved around $40.

This is still really cool! I love when I see better class staterooms at a lower cost. Seriously so cool!

1 hour ago, GKMCruising said:

Yeah, the savings on my two bookings is part of what allowed me to justify springing for the UDP for the first time on our Wonder sailing. That, and I *really* want to try out Hooked.

This is one of the things I'm really excited about, putting the savings toward splurge onboard enjoyment!

1 hour ago, Reigert2008 said:

So far my best was for one that ended up being canceled. 😞

Allure of the Seas -- 7N Western Caribbean and Perfect Day -- August 2021

Original Booking Total -- September 3, 2019 -- $3376 (Inside GTY for 2 people)

8 reprices later....

Final Payment Total  -- April 30, 2021 -- $1747.40

Total savings -- $1628.60

Then it was canceled as the last of the Allure cancelations before the restart.  We ended up on a 4N on the freedom during the same week, that was more than the 7N on the Allure would have been 😞 

Owwww that hurts. T_T I  hope you still have a nice cruise though

20 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

This is still really cool! I love when I see better class staterooms at a lower cost. Seriously so cool!

This is one of the things I'm really excited about, putting the savings toward splurge onboard enjoyment!

Owwww that hurts. T_T I  hope you still have a nice cruise though

It was painful 🙂 We still had a great time!  The cruise was a family cruise and everyone already had time off, so it was do the 4N one or not do something together.  It was three households and first time for one them, including our niece.  She loved it nd is ready to go again.  IT was also the frist time we had been on a Freedom class ship, which we really liked and may be our "sweet spot" for price and activities.

18 minutes ago, Jacqui said:

Symphony in 2 weeks...got $446 OBC a few weeks ago then checked my credit card the other day and have a credit from RC for $477.  I have no clue how I got both OBC and refund but I'll take it!

Bank error in your favor.

I had the same thing happen a few years ago with a cruise that got shortened dramatically due to Hurricane Irma. I wound up with a FCC *and* a refund - we asked Royal about it, they said anything we'd received they weren't going to take back, even if it wound up being an error / double payment.

3 hours ago, Reigert2008 said:

It was painful 🙂 We still had a great time!  The cruise was a family cruise and everyone already had time off, so it was do the 4N one or not do something together.  It was three households and first time for one them, including our niece.  She loved it nd is ready to go again.  IT was also the frist time we had been on a Freedom class ship, which we really liked and may be our "sweet spot" for price and activities.

I'm glad you had fun. Freedom class really are the best ships I think. I know Oasis gets a lot of love and I'll probably drool over them too once I get off Allure, but Freedom class combines fun and large ship with a decent price point. Freedom (the actual freedom) was our first ship and it is for sure the reason we kept on cruising.

2 hours ago, D D said:

So I'm taking my first cruise in Feb 2022 and I'm trying to see how or where do I get these savings or OBC deals?  Sorry if a dumb question,  but just curious because I'd like to get in on this.

So OBC through Royal is usually a booking deal that pops up occasionally. The most sure fire way I've found to get it is to book with next cruise while onboard. There's almost always at least $100 OBC offered.

Price drops on the other hand happen almost all the time because the fares fluctuate and you can get that new fare by either contacting your travel agent or Royal directly and saying "hey I see this new price for my room can I have that?" and they will essentially rebook you but if they do it right, you won't lose your room or any other benefits you got on that initial booking.

To check for a price drop, you can go on the website and do a mock booking which is basically going ALLLLLLL the way through like you are booking a new cruise on your ship in the same room category and when you get to the end page you'll see the new fare.

It was suggested to me by next cruise to check twice a week but I've really been doing it more or less once a week.

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Price drops on the other hand happen almost all the time because the fares fluctuate and you can get that new fare by either contacting your travel agent or Royal directly and saying "hey I see this new price for my room can I have that?" and they will essentially rebook you but if they do it right, you won't lose your room or any other benefits you got on that initial booking.

Will they reprice if the fare drops but not the total price based on the sale?

For instance - right now my cruise fare for an inside on Harmony is $1313/person for the first two people, $854 for the third. After all the sales from when I last repriced are applied, it brings the total amount for all three people to $2190.

If I do a mock booking for the same sail date and room,  the fare has dropped to $1227/person for the first two people. But, the current sale isn't as good with the promos, so the total amount for all three is $2379. 

I assumed that the total amount was the only thing you could reprice from, so I wouldn't currently be able to save anything, but if I can reprice just the fare and protect the original promos, I'd likely come out at least a hundred bucks cheaper or so. If that's the case, how do I need to word it when calling Royal so they don't inadvertently screw something up with the booking?

Harmony of the seas May 2022: paid $1,410.38 using FCC’s and a balance of $133.16. The amount that I paid is for 2 people.
After having repriced 3 times last month I now how a $0 balance and gotten a refund of $101.10 & a week later I had repriced again i got another refund of $15 & yesterday I had repriced again and gotten another refund of $54.64. Refunds: $101.10+$15+$54.64= total refund so far of $170.64

Independence of the seas March 2022: total charge of $837.86 & after applying $400 in FCC’s, a $200 deposit & after repricing 3 times the balance is $100.86 for 2 people which is $50.43 a person.

Brilliance of the seas March 2023: total charge of $1031.86 & after a $200 deposit & repricing 3 times the balance is now $746.86 for 2 people which is $373.43 a person.

We have had multiple price drops on our May 2022 AK cruise, Ovation. We have 2 balcony cabins, and have saved over $1200 per cabin. We had saved a lot on our December Oasis OV balcony cabin, but I wiped that out with upgrading ourselves to a JS. Just waiting for a potential price drop on that now. 🙂

7 hours ago, GKMCruising said:

Will they reprice if the fare drops but not the total price based on the sale?

For instance - right now my cruise fare for an inside on Harmony is $1313/person for the first two people, $854 for the third. After all the sales from when I last repriced are applied, it brings the total amount for all three people to $2190.

If I do a mock booking for the same sail date and room,  the fare has dropped to $1227/person for the first two people. But, the current sale isn't as good with the promos, so the total amount for all three is $2379. 

I assumed that the total amount was the only thing you could reprice from, so I wouldn't currently be able to save anything, but if I can reprice just the fare and protect the original promos, I'd likely come out at least a hundred bucks cheaper or so. If that's the case, how do I need to word it when calling Royal so they don't inadvertently screw something up with the booking?

No you do not save original promos…you get whatever is being offered at the time of reprice.  
If you booked online or through Royal you can call…they will not reprice if you are not saving money.  You will need to have your TA do this for you if you used one for your booking.  A few times when I have called I actually saved more than I thought I was going to!  

8 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

No you do not save original promos…you get whatever is being offered at the time of reprice.  
If you booked online or through Royal you can call…they will not reprice if you are not saving money.  You will need to have your TA do this for you if you used one for your booking.  A few times when I have called I actually saved more than I thought I was going to!  

Ok, yeah, that's what I thought, but got mildly confused by the way one of the earliest posts was phrased. I've already had several price drops but wanted to make sure I wasn't potentially missing another one right this second. Think I'm going to have to wait until the Cyber Monday / Black Friday sale to get a better deal than what I've currently got, but I'm going to keep checking daily anyways. 🤣