American Express Offer

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

My Delta card doesn't either.  Lots of other offers though... for stuff I never buy.  

That always seems to be my credit card offers.

"Get 10% back from some random store that isn't even located within 500 miles of your house"

"Get 5% back when you spend way more than you'd ever reasonably spend"

14 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I have the Gold card and the offer is on that.  Doesn’t say when the travel needs to be done by though!  All my travel plans are a done deal for this year and next year I already have 5 trips (2 are cruises) so not sure where I could fit another one in! 🥴🤔

All it does is recognize a charge from Royal Caribbean on your card so you could apply the payment to one of the cruises next year!

I'm using mine to pay a cruise for next year but within the parameters for CWC. That way If I intend on cancelling or changing cruises, I will still wait until final payment so it I can then cancel and it into an FCC. I have plenty of cruises schedule to apply the FCC to.  I'm fine with Royal holding onto my money for that kind of a return.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Thanks to a heads up on CC..if you have an AmEx card, check your offers!

20211008_073445.thumb.jpg.7672ca117b6b9197d7063e3b949fb266.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! My offer is less. Spend $500 get back $200. These offers are usually dependent upon completing the cruise…or whatever purchase made (merchandise, etc) is final and can not be cancelled or returned.

Edit….oops…I missed the part about onboard purchases, merchandise, etc are NOT included. Sorry.

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

All it does is recognize a charge from Royal Caribbean on your card so you could apply the payment to one of the cruises next year!

I'm using mine to pay a cruise for next year but within the parameters for CWC. That way If I intend on cancelling or changing cruises, I will still wait until final payment so it I can then cancel and it into an FCC. I have plenty of cruises schedule to apply the FCC to.  I'm fine with Royal holding onto my money for that kind of a return.

Would the Air2Sea portion of the balance also work?  I did read in the terms that transfers/transportation to ship is not allowed.  So probably just the cruise portion?

4 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Thanks for the heads up! My offer is less. Spend $500 get back $200. These offers are usually dependent upon completing the cruise…or whatever purchase made (merchandise, etc) is final and can not be cancelled or returned.

In the terms on my offer it states no onboard purchases.   I like your offer!!!

6 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Can you take a screenshot of your offer?

My offer:

Spend $1,500 or more, get $500 back

Royal Caribbean International®

EXPIRES

12/31/2021

Redeem Now

DETAILS

Get a one-time $500 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,500 in one or more transactions on reservations booked at royalcaribbean.com, by phone at 1-866-562-7625 or by contacting your preferred travel advisor by 12/31/2021. See terms for exclusions.

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid on bookings made online at royalcaribbean.com or by calling 1-866-562-7625 or your Travel Professional. Reservations must be booked on US website only. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. Excludes onboard purchases, e-gift card and physical gift card purchases made online, transfers/transportation to the ship, Royal Caribbean/Universal Resort Joint Vacation, MGM Resort International Joint Vacation and Royal Wedding Packages. Excludes Celebrity Cruise, TUI Cruises and Silversea brands. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. ©2021 Royal Caribbean International. Ships’ registry: Bahamas POID: K2S1:0003

35 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

In the terms on my offer it states no onboard purchases.   I like your offer!!!

That's because the onboard purchases are recognized as a charge from the ship.

image.png.aa85666bb5329ef907db9fe771fb0d16.png

This isn't from my AmEx but it shows how the charges showed up on my card. The deposit, cruise planner purchases and fare purchases all show from the same vendor. My onboard account from when I was on the ship shows up as the ship. 

The AmEx offer isn't a referral offer where you have to book through their link, it just has to show as a charge directly from Royal. In this case if this would be for the AmEx offer all of the ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES 800-327-6700 would count towards hitting the spend needed to trigger the cash back.

The only cruise line offer I was able to use was back in 2013 for Carnival.  The verbiage read that it was for new cruise bookings only, no other purchases.  Yet when I bought some shore excursions it qualified because the charge was from carnival.com.  If I had purchased the same excursions on the ship it would not have qualified.  YMMV.   

13 minutes ago, Justwanttocruise said:

Same as mine ... the difference must be the level of Amex card .. Gold, Platinum, so forth

I don't even know what kind of Amex I have..my $500 for $1500 spend was on my Amex EveryDay Card.  I have no idea what level it is even is.  I never use it for anything other than random Amex Offers either.

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I don't even know what kind of Amex I have..my $500 for $1500 spend was on my Amex EveryDay Card.  I have no idea what level it is even is.  I never use it for anything other than random Amex Offers either.

I have the Amex Platinum and already get the perk for taking a cruise using Amex Travel.

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/benefits/the-platinum-card/cruise-privileges-and-discounts.html

13 minutes ago, Justwanttocruise said:

I have the Amex Platinum and already get the perk for taking a cruise using Amex Travel.

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/benefits/the-platinum-card/cruise-privileges-and-discounts.html

Yeah those are different than the Amex Offers, though.  Going through that is basically using Amex as your Travel Agency.

11 minutes ago, nate91 said:

I have this on two cards...which is an amazing deal, but I'm not cruising right now. Bummer, wish I could take advantage.

I have it also and really have no more sailings to book...but I checked it anyway. I figured if they saw I was interested at least maybe they would send me another in the future. Well, unless the Wonder comes back here to Florida November/December 2022 and has a southern itinerary, then I may be swayed...

E5D6CD6C-CBB0-41FC-A586-88FF5D55273A.thumb.jpeg.2504f2f619266d70112549071dcc30f0.jpeg
Looks promising as just received confirmation email.  Fingers crossed.  We will see if it works. I will keep you all informed. I followed all the fine print and used it for final payment after adding the offer to the Amex card.

Amex is very reliable on their offers as it already recognized the charge .   I assume it’s now up to Royal Caribbean to validate it. 

2 hours ago, Justwanttocruise said:

How do you get this perk? Do you have to book through Amex Travel? What if you take advantage of booking a new cruise while on a cruise?

22 hours ago, bryresangel said:

How do you get this perk? Do you have to book through Amex Travel? What if you take advantage of booking a new cruise while on a cruise?

Nope, don’t have to book through Amex travel. Just gotta book a cruise through your Amex card (after activating the offer)