Height/Weight/Age minimums for certain activities?

Good morning RCBlog!

We are 9 days away from our long-awaited Odyssey OTS cruise! Curious if anyone knows if there are any height/weight/age minimums for kids to do bumper cars (with an adult), rock climbing, and iFly? I doubt my kids would be able to do the rock climbing anyways, but might let them get strapped in and give it a go if they meet the requirements. 

Thanks in advance!

You can check on this page for a lot of the features of the ship.  Click on individual activities for restrictions.  It's a fantastic resource that I feel most don't use.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/odyssey-of-the-seas/things-to-do

Bumper cars: Must be 5 years old and 42 inches to ride with guardian or 8 years and 48 inches tall to ride alone.

IFly:  Must be 3 years old, weight less than 230 if shorter than 6' or less than 250 if 6' and taller.

Rock Climbing: 6 years old

Sky Pad: Must be 7 years old to jump and 13 years old to jump with VR set and - 20 lbs min weight - 240 lbs max weight

Flow Rider: Boogie board, height 52 inches min; stand up 58 inches min.

@GKMCruisingUnfortunately, that is possible. I do/use to do a lot of volunteering and there was once a 12 y/o with a rare genetic disorder that made her extremely small, she was barely 3ft and weighed like 26lbs but she wasn't a little person and was overall healthy.

But RCG is on one with this one, as 20lbs is literally a baby. Can you imagine a weak legged, barely walking baby in Sky Pad???

19 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@GKMCruisingUnfortunately, that is possible. I do/use to do a lot of volunteering and there was once a 12 y/o with a rare genetic disorder that made her extremely small, she was barely 3ft and weighed like 26lbs but she wasn't a little person and was overall healthy.

But RCG is on one with this one, as 20lbs is literally a baby. Can you imagine a weak legged, barely walking baby in Sky Pad???

Yeah... I almost wonder if that's a typo. 

Also, the app disagrees with the website - what else is new with Royal IT though. 🤣

This is on Odyssey.

Screenshot_20211008-105532.thumb.png.964d746c1efab241d0d7ad78eba88be6.png

This is on MarinerScreenshot_20211008-105711.thumb.png.3b25397f1147262710aa6792dca25f0b.png

Go figure. Heck, on Ovation, I'm pretty sure I saw the minimum age for North Star listed as 3 on one link, minimum age of 4 on another, and no minimum age but the height requirements on another.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:13 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

You can check on this page for a lot of the features of the ship.  Click on individual activities for restrictions.  It's a fantastic resource that I feel most don't use.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/odyssey-of-the-seas/things-to-do

Thank you! I've seen this section of the website before but never clicked in the individual activities. Shame on me! I appreciate it! But my 4.5 year old will probably be super bummed when she finds out she can't ride the bumper cars. Maybe I can convince her to do the iFly instead!

had an issue @ Disneyland years ago -- can't remember if it was in Disneyland or California Adventure park -- had gone on one attraction (can't remember which one) but it apparently had a minimum height that was ignored first time I took DD on it (just under 8yo @ at the time), but when we went back another day, someone was paying attention & measured her. DID NOT want to hear, " but she went on it earlier" & someone was very disappointed.  They probably can't cheat, either,  since they probably scan Sea Pass cards that give out the ages.