pre cruise Covid test if you ARE vaccinated?

DuaneG

4 minutes ago, DuaneG said:

OK this is for those that have sailed recently and I know these things are ever changing (when will this nightmare be over? ugh) If you are fully vaccinated do you still have to take a covid test prior to boarding? I see conflicting answers all over their site

Yes - This has been required for a while.  Antigen test is required within 2 days of boarding.

2 minutes ago, DuaneG said:

ok totally new to this stuff how is this done with only a 48 hour window? Doubt my doctor can see me right before my flight down

You need to go to a pharmacy or lab, rather than a doctor — the note that a doctor’s office provides (unless they have a lab partnership and send out the samples) does not meet the testing requirement.

8 minutes ago, DuaneG said:

ok totally new to this stuff how is this done with only a 48 hour window? Doubt my doctor can see me right before my flight down

There are a lot of threads on this site that discuss options.  CVS and the take home tests offered by Royal are good options - results are instant.  Is your cruise this weekend?

2 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

There are a lot of threads on this site that discuss options.  CVS and the take home tests offered by Royal are good options - results are instant.  Is your cruise this weekend?

no my cruise isn't until NOV 29th i know a ton can change between now and then but want to be totally prepared 

4 minutes ago, DuaneG said:

no my cruise isn't until NOV 29th i know a ton can change between now and then but want to be totally prepared 

You would need to take a test on November 27th, 28th, or 29th.  It can be the antigen (rapid) test with results in 15 minutes.  I'm on a cruise the week before and I purchased the take at home tests that I bought through Royals' recommended vendor.

Optum Store | Optum Store

You will need to download the app on to your cell phone and have a "proctor" witness the test.

You can also book an appointment at a place like CVS that administers the tests. They allow bookings 2 weeks out.

6 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

You would need to take a test on November 27th, 28th, or 29th.  It can be the antigen (rapid) test with results in 15 minutes.  I'm on a cruise the week before and I purchased the take at home tests that I bought through Royals' recommended vendor.

Optum Store | Optum Store

You will need to download the app on to your cell phone and have a "proctor" witness the test.

You can also book an appointment at a place like CVS that administers the tests. They allow bookings 2 weeks out.

thank you so much for that information.