Double or Quadruple Points?

I called C&A and asked.  This is what they said:

The criteria to qualify for the double points promo is based on the original booking date.  As long as the booking was a confirmed booking created before Sept. 30, 2021 then whatever cabin you end up booked in will determine how many points the double points promo will use to calculate the total points. 

If you booked an interior, oceanview or balcony before Sept. 30 and upgrade to a suite (not using RoyalUp) then you will get 4 times for two guests in a suite and 6 times for a solo in suite.  You can request the suite upgrade and pay for the upgrade anytime before sailing but you can't get into a suite using RoyalUp.  The suite upgrade does not have to occur before Sept. 30,2021.

RoyalUp from a non-suite to a suite never provides more points beyond the original booked type of cabin.  

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

I called C&A and asked.  This is what they said:

The criteria to qualify for the double points promo is based on the original booking date.  As long as the booking was a confirmed booking created before Sept. 30, 2021 then whatever cabin you end up booked in will determine how many points the double points promo will use to calculate the total points. 

If you booked an interior, oceanview or balcony before Sept. 30 and upgrade to a suite (not using RoyalUp) then you will get 4 times for two guests in a suite and 6 times for a solo in suite.  You can request the suite upgrade and pay for the upgrade anytime before sailing but you can't get into a suite using RoyalUp.  The suite upgrade does not have to occur before Sept. 30,2021.

RoyalUp from a non-suite to a suite never provides more points beyond the original booked type of cabin.  

Good to know that repricing or changing cabins won't mess with the double points promo.

• 4 weeks later...

Check your points!!

I cruised a b2b in Sept and I'm finishing a b2b tomorrow on the Oasis. All were solo and in suites.

Each time my points posted, they were wrong. I waited to see if the Sept points would self-correct (sometimes that happens)...but, no.

I had to call C&A each time and explain to the agent that I qualified for 42 points each week. He/she readily agreed and put me on hold while they checked with a supervisor...usually a 15-20 minute period. When they returned the points had been corrected. 

The points posted for the last cruise are wrong again. Oh, well...back to the phone when we get back to Port Liberty tomorrow. 

**Update…called C&A and points were corrected. The agent explained the system is not recognizing the combined single and suite points when the double bonus is added. The supervisor told him the techs are working on it.

17 hours ago, BrianB said:

Check your points!!

I cruised a b2b in Sept and I'm finishing a b2b tomorrow on the Oasis. All were solo and in suites.

Each time my points posted, they were wrong. I waited to see if the Sept points would self-correct (sometimes that happens)...but, no.

I had to call C&A each time and explain to the agent that I qualified for 42 points each week. He/she readily agreed and put me on hold while they checked with a supervisor...usually a 15-20 minute period. When they returned the points had been corrected. 

The points posted for the last cruise are wrong again. Oh, well...back to the phone when we get back to Port Liberty tomorrow. 

My solo cruise on Odyssey this month, I received the correct amount of points, 8 nights, solo, and I got 32 points.  I was not in a suite 😞

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

I understand the criteria for the double points but have a scenario that I'm not sure of.

Booked a January 2023 cruise before the September 30th deadline.   What happens if we move the cruise to 2022, would it qualify for double points?

If you booked a refundable booking you can make changes to the sailing date, ship and category but if you booked a non refundable you can't change the sailing date...  so you will have to cancel the booking and lose the deposit and rebook.