How long does it take you to break your pre-cruise diet once you board the ship?

levib2

14 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I am otherwise very aware and on top of my health walking 25k+ steps per day (cruise or no cruise) and consistent Peloton rides keep things in check. I don’t diet bother dieting because it’s overrated. IMHO it’s ok to eat what you want and get control of yourself by not overeating. It’s all mental. 

If I cruised more often I'd probably have to do things differently but as someone allergic to exercise who enjoys overeating on cruises, the pre-cruise diet is essential for me. I have very good control when eating healthy at home and am very strict during my pre-cruise diets... then all bets are off once I board the ship.

Different things will work for different people, of course. I fully acknowledge my way is not optimal but as someone with few vices, I'm OK with doing it 2-3 times/year.

On the plus side, as lazy and anti-exercise as I am, I loathe taking ship elevators and use the stairs almost exclusively unless I'm going like 10+ decks. Walking from the Aqua Show (deck 6) to deck 17 on Wonder in June was rough but I made it, lol.