Edited....Read this about vaccination policy - confused

levib2

• Read this today:
  •  
  • Cruises from the U.S.*: Guests who are 12 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes cruises departing from Florida and visiting The Bahamas and/or U.S. Virgin Islands, which require all cruise guests to be fully vaccinated.

We are departing from Tampa 12/2 and read that certain venues are for vaccinated only and not open to non-vaccinated....However, above says everyone needs to be vaccinated.    

Edit.....

Thanks for all your input.  I'm surprised there are so many venues open to people with children under 12 and and people with approved medical or religious reasons on the smaller ships since these usually seem to have more adults without children.  Based on this, I think there should be more "vax only" venues on these ships.  

(I realize vaxed people can also choose to go to the unvaxed venues as well.  Wouldn't stop us from cruising, but would feel safer in a vaxed only venue.)

Edited by levib2
Adding to my original post after getting others' posts.

Yes, that rule was announced about a month or so ago.  It originally stated on cruises up until November 1st but I am sailing on November 3rd and my info states the November 1st date is probably going to be extended.  Children under 12 are allowed to sail as they are not able to be vaccinated at this time so when parents are with their children they would after to go to venues noted for unvaccinated.  Royal has a way of confusing everyone with their interesting use of words in their messages!!  Not sure that will ever change...🤔

In theory there could be some specific exemptions on board.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/who-should-i-contact-if-a-vaccine-is-contraindicated

Q

What if I cannot get vaccinated due to a disability or pre-existing medical condition? What if I am not vaccinated for religious reasons? What if I have recently recovered from COVID-19 and am not now eligible to be vaccinated?

A

Vaccine Accommodation for Medical or Religious Reasons

Please contact our Access Department at (866) 592-7225 or send an email to special_needs@rccl.com so that our team can guide you on what documents will need to be submitted for consideration. You should contact them as soon as possible and ideally no later than 30 days before your cruise departs. You can also have your local travel agent or International Representative contact us. Should you require it, our fax number is (954) 628-9622. 

Please note that vaccine accommodated guests must adhere to all health protocols and travel requirements for unvaccinated guests as required by the cruise line and at the local, state and national level.

11 minutes ago, FJ28 said:

I understand it to be for those traveling with children under 12 in their party would be consider unvaccinated.

Like @AshleyDillosaid, only when physically with the children. I was able to get off the ship and go for a solo hike in Skagway, but when we got off with my daughter we had to do specific RCL excursions. Same with venues onboard - if we'd left my daughter in the nursery, we would have been free to go in any venue, including those designated for vaxxed only guests.

• levib2 changed the title to Edited....Read this about vaccination policy - confused