How???????

deep1

If you have read some of my stuff you know I'm one of those unfortunate to have had 14 years and about 40 c+a points lost. That still hasn't been fixed after  about three years but a solution might be fairly close. No receipts to back up the missing trips but other things to be presented at loyalty desk to fix maybe.... Thats not what this post is about though. 

A lot of us have been getting the vaccination requests. Some like me, every few days. I fill out the info  and they say thank you. Ok, that would be "normal". Todays request came with a twist though...... It requested info for three who are on the sailing then for my Mom?  She hasn't sailed RCL since 2000... 🤔 She used to cruise a lot but with Crystal or Princess or other high dollar exotic lines (Not the fun ones like this).  She gave up cruising some years back. She's 85 now and little tough getting around but still sharp. I would love to know what glitch in the IT system added her to this roster. I don't get mad , I am more often amused...🤣 Each time I think they have out done themselves they top it! 😃

They lose all that stuff for me (and my ex) but can some how dig up a one time passenger from a cruise 21 years ago and tie them into a cruise they aren't part of... 😄

I used to care. I've grown numb to it... I don't drink so thats about the only real perk I'd get if I got to diamond, and it wouldn't be used...  My ex wife lost 33 points and pretty much the same time frame. Think it happened when trying to straighten out our individual points after the divorce...  (Which was  and still is a very friendly one)

Have you ever listed your mother as your emergency contact?

I have my sister as my emergency contact and she keeps getting texts with links to emails regarding changes or other notifications about my cruises. They always address ‘your cruise’.  She usually gets them before I do…or maybe before I notice them!

17 minutes ago, BrianB said:

I have my sister as my emergency contact and she keeps getting texts with links to emails regarding changes or other notifications about my cruises. They always address ‘your cruise’.  She usually gets them before I do…or maybe before I notice them!

Nope....  My fiance I have and once or twice she got stuff before me. My mom was a last minute add on passenger in 2000. 

2 hours ago, BrianB said:

I have my sister as my emergency contact and she keeps getting texts with links to emails regarding changes or other notifications about my cruises. 

I don't actually have a real emergency contact.  I do put my father-in-law down, but he'd be useless in an emergency. Plus he has no email and has no idea how to send or receive texts, and never checks his voicemail.  If something happens to us, y'all will probably hear about it over social media before anyone else does.

2 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Well that is the problem right there. 😛

Its like Royal said , "we want you two to stay married or we're taking your points". I got burnt for 40 she got hammered for 33... Oh well... It ,however, may have something to do with the divorce indirectly. They were looking to separate points as she and I had a couple slightly different cruises over the years, and that was about the time it got all screwed up. 

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

I think you must have the record for issues with RCCL.  IT issues, points issues, passenger issues, I can’t believe you still cruise with them.  

I'm being tested like Jobe....  🙂 Missing is Alison's son and  inserted Carol is my mom. The only RCL she has been on was Jan3-7, 2000.... The IT lock out was experienced by quite a few so I didn't feel so lonely with that one. 

IT issue.jpg

19 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I don't actually have a real emergency contact.  I do put my father-in-law down, but he'd be useless in an emergency. Plus he has no email and has no idea how to send or receive texts, and never checks his voicemail.  If something happens to us, y'all will probably hear about it over social media before anyone else does.

Not part of this thread but…..

My sister and brother-in-law put each other down as emergency contacts. But they always travel together. I picture them lost on some island and each getting a text at the same time telling them the other one is lost on some island.🤔