Main Dining Room Breakfast?

Vlad

22 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I have seen 6:30 on some but mostly it is 7-9/9:30

23 hours ago, FionaMG said:

On my recent cruise on Odyssey it was 7 am to 9 am on some days and 7.30 am to 9.30 am on others. That was in Europe but I remember it being quite early on our past Caribbean sailings too. We are rarely up in time to make it.

Thanks! Hopefully we have about the same time so I can actually try it for once.

12 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Thanks! Hopefully we have about the same time so I can actually try it for once.

On the few occasions when we have had breakfast in the MDR, I have found it to be a far more relaxing and civilised experience than the WJ.

But not so much better than I'm willing to get up early on purpose! 😆

8 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

On the few occasions when we have had breakfast in the MDR, I have found it to be a far more relaxing and civilised experience than the WJ.

I think I'm in the same boat (ha!) but we're on a mission to do a lot of new things this cruise and we want to make it at least once. Then..it's back to Suite room service!

23 hours ago, FionaMG said:

And we both think Breakfast opens up way to late late in the mornings on a cruise ship.  We'd prefer that both venues open by 6am every morning, I hate waiting around for opening till I can have my breakfast.

27 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

And we both think Breakfast opens up way to late late in the mornings on a cruise ship.  We'd prefer that both venues open by 6am every morning, I hate waiting around for opening till I can have my breakfast.

Yes, I can see how that would be a pain if you're an early riser.

So, upon a bit of research the 7-9/9:30 I quoted for the MDR breakfast may vary ship by ship and day by day. After looking through the app at my current sailings, I see start times all over the place. Usually, port days are around 7am and the rest are 8am. Also, some sailings have brunch days where it opens at 9am. 

Not sure I would care for buffet in the MDR.  My daughter (mother of 3 little girls) told me "Dad, when I go on vacation, I want to be served. I spend every day serving others at home" so she goes to the MDR to have someone wait on the table and bring her food.  Makes sense to me, so the last few cruises we've been on, we go to sit down breakfast in the MDR.

Anyway, this RCL newbie and will be sailing for the first time with them in October.  I will want to sit down, order a Bloody Mary, eggs benedict and ask for some cold smoked salmon on the side and maybe some extra bacon too.  Can't wait.

2 hours ago, FSUFAN said:

Not sure I would care for buffet in the MDR.  My daughter (mother of 3 little girls) told me "Dad, when I go on vacation, I want to be served. I spend every day serving others at home" so she goes to the MDR to have someone wait on the table and bring her food.  Makes sense to me, so the last few cruises we've been on, we go to sit down breakfast in the MDR.

Anyway, this RCL newbie and will be sailing for the first time with them in October.  I will want to sit down, order a Bloody Mary, eggs benedict and ask for some cold smoked salmon on the side and maybe some extra bacon too.  Can't wait.

That's the good thing about having a buffet in the MDR. When they have it, it works in addition to the table service as opposed to instead of, so you can get the best of both worlds. It's scaled down in comparison to the WJ but it still usually has all the basics so it's handy when some in your party prefer one and some prefer the other.

I was only able to eat in the MDR for breakfast one day on Independence a couple weeks ago. It was amazing, by far my best breakfast of the trip. Windjammer was thunderdome.

IIRC it didnt open until 8am which was at least 2 hrs after I would like to eat breakfast. I got there about 20 minutes before it opened (never dreaming it would be that late). There were maybe 6 or 8 of us waiting. By the time I left after visiting with a lovely couple from Georgia, there was a line out the door.

The view was amazing, great service and food. Next one in August I plan to eat there far more than once.

DAF34C26-4C25-482D-A3B8-8A6157FBBD84.jpeg