I'm going on a cruise with a friend who is, let's just say, a little gullible. Anyone know of any pranks or jokes to pull?

zach2992

When I say gullible, I mean my dad convinced her for a short time that they still do classes (like in Titanic) and that if the ship starts sinking we could be trapped behind bars until First Class is off the ship.

So far the only fun things I thought of is putting a pineapple magnet on her door and convincing her that the crew takes the lifeboats back to land each night and then come back in the morning.

Anyone have any fun ideas?

1 hour ago, zach2992 said:

When I say gullible, I mean my dad convinced her for a short time that they still do classes (like in Titanic) and that if the ship starts sinking we could be trapped behind bars until First Class is off the ship.

So far the only fun things I thought of is putting a pineapple magnet on her door and convincing her that the crew takes the lifeboats back to land each night and then come back in the morning.

How about sleeping with life jacket on in case you hit an iceberg.

6 hours ago, zach2992 said:

6 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Not a fan, but to each their own. 

This sounds like a juvenile thing to do to anyone, especially a friend.  I’m assuming this is their first cruise and they could be nervous about the whole process. Maybe pulling a prank on someone in the middle of the ocean is not the best idea. You never know what could happen and if the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s to cut out the people and things that are not worth your effort in the relationship. Life is too short to stick with people who don’t care about you.

maybe you should be helpful to your friend and ensure they remain happy, healthy, and safe throughout the cruise process.  There’s a time and place for joking around, but this is not the time or place.

As someone who is fairly gullible (I once looked for a dictionary to prove that the word gullible was, indeed, in the dictionary) I love when my friends play good natured jokes on me. I find it fun and only get upset if it goes on too long or it doesn't stop when I ask. If she enjoys it, then I don't see a problem. I personally embrace my gullibleness (not actually sure if THAT one is in the dictionary....)

Man a lot of Debbie downers in this thread. Nothing wrong with a joke here and there on vacation God forbid. It might be hard to pull off now with the e-muster but several years ago we convinced my Father In-Law that he needed to bring his life jacket to the muster station for practice. 

Once he saw us at his door with no life jackets he immediately took his off but even that 15 seconds when he opened the door was priceless.

Have them ask shore excursion representative which beach is closest to the ocean. 

Another fun one is explaining that a submarine race will be held in one of the ports. Once at said port stare out to an area of bay/ocean and pretend to be watching said race. My kids joined me for a few minutes before saying that submarine races are boring to watch. 

11 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Another fun one is explaining that a submarine race will be held in one of the ports. Once at said port stare out to an area of bay/ocean and pretend to be watching said race. My kids joined me for a few minutes before saying that submarine races are boring to watch. 

I would TOTALLY have fallen for that, and would have likely asked others nearby if they could see the submarines.

Personally. If I was going to prank someone and they were in their own room I would setup an audio file that basically sounds like the emergency warnings on the ship. Slip a Bluetooth speaker into their room and right as they are going to bed play the file and wait for them in the hall. I can only imagine the look on their face while they are trying to pull clothes and a life jacket on. Could go farther and already be in yours and get them down to the life raft but tell them yours is on the opposite side of the ship for some reason. 

However if they are easily spooked it may not be a good thing to try. 

1 hour ago, MuttMutt said:

Personally. If I was going to prank someone and they were in their own room I would setup an audio file that basically sounds like the emergency warnings on the ship. Slip a Bluetooth speaker into their room and right as they are going to bed play the file and wait for them in the hall. I can only imagine the look on their face while they are trying to pull clothes and a life jacket on. Could go farther and already be in yours and get them down to the life raft but tell them yours is on the opposite side of the ship for some reason. 

However if they are easily spooked it may not be a good thing to try. 

Only potential I could see with going farther than the room with this is getting in trouble with the staff for playing with the life jackets. Don't want to get anyone in trouble!

I don't remember if I read it here or actually witnessed it a few years ago on Freedom, but it went something like this....

4 young adults were wearing the Burger King paper "crowns" on their heads at various times during the cruise.  Multiple people asked them where they went to BK and they said that there was a special BK in the top deck lounge.   According to them, it was a pop-up store and only open an hour each day and the hours of operation were top secret.  Pretty humorous watching multiple people on the top deck trying to find the hidden Burger King on Freedom of the Seas. 

Another thought. Look up an annoy-a-tron they randomly emit a sound at random internals. Slip it in their room and give them some Spiel about noise and what certain ones may indicate. I'm sure there is something you could tie it to. 

Another one is tell them about the Mexican Jumping Ticks. Make sure you tell them something about how they can land on you from 10 feet away unless you wrap a towel on their head. All you have to do is show them all the towels while they get off the ship. Should be fun watching them walk around port with a blue towel on their head and the reactions of the locals. 

On 10/6/2021 at 10:23 AM, CruizIan said:

Man a lot of Debbie downers in this thread. Nothing wrong with a joke here and there on vacation God forbid. It might be hard to pull off now with the e-muster but several years ago we convinced my Father In-Law that he needed to bring his life jacket to the muster station for practice. 

Once he saw us at his door with no life jackets he immediately took his off but even that 15 seconds when he opened the door was priceless.

I was thinking if not for the e-muster I'd convince her we need to practice getting into the lifeboat.