First time RC cruiser formal nights?

DuaneG

I have always sailed on Carnival and I am venturing over to RC. I am doing a short 4 day cruise to Nassau and perfect day November 29-Dec3 on Freedom of the Seas. My question is do they have a formal night on RC as well? If so usually what night? The trend on the Carnival ships was the elegant night was not as elegant anymore. It used to be a lot of tuxes and gowns but now maybe just a suit and tie at best. Any and all info would be appreciated.

On the short 3 & 4 night cruises on Royal they will have a "Wear Your Best" night.  

This is Royal's attempt to satisfy both those that seek a formal night and those that loathe a formal night on vacation.

The idea is if you want to dress up, then go ahead and dress up.  But if you don't want to dress up, then don't.  

It's up to you. 

20 minutes ago, DuaneG said:

I have always sailed on Carnival and I am venturing over to RC. I am doing a short 4 day cruise to Nassau and perfect day November 29-Dec3 on Freedom of the Seas. My question is do they have a formal night on RC as well? If so usually what night? The trend on the Carnival ships was the elegant night was not as elegant anymore. It used to be a lot of tuxes and gowns but now maybe just a suit and tie at best. Any and all info would be appreciated.

I haven't seen the full tux and ball gown crowd in a while - it's been at least 3 or 4 years. It's even less so right now because with the buffet closed for dinner, there's not an easy option to get around the MDR on formal night like there used to be.

Even on 7 night cruises the Cruise Compass says ‘Say goodbye to formal night, say hello to wear your best’. Makes it easier to go formal or just kick it up a notch with a collared polo and khakis. I have seen both ends of the dress spectrum and everybody seems to just accept it. Some go all out formal and some just stay completely cruise casual…or anything in between. Your choice.

On our Odyssey a few weeks back DH wore suit w/vest , I was in palazzo pants w/ fancy blouse, our friends - he had on a tux, she wore a long skirt and blouse.

on another night DH just wore pants, shirt, w/vest no tie, I just had on black pants and fancy blouse.    According to the Cruise Compass we only had the 1 Formal night, everything else was casual                                      

Just got back from a 3-night on Mariner. Night 2 was "Dress Your Best" night and one of the reasons the hubby and I took my mom and my sister on their first cruise--they love getting dressed up in really nice dresses. Personally, I love getting dressed up too; my husband is not so keen, but does it for me.

All this to say, if it's your thing, great. If not, no worries as the "dress code" is more of a "dress suggestion."