AFT Balcony Cabin Pros/Cons

Va4fam

We just booked a JS on Rhapsody for a Greek Isles Cruise.   One of the cabin locations still available was a JS Aft Cabin with balcony.    The balcony looks HUGE!

Has anyone stayed AFT before and can share the pros and cons?   I imagine there's a great view of the wake, but is it noisy, smoky, or harder to see the scenery compared to a starboard or port balcony?

Depending on the ship and deck…some aft balconies may have more engine vibrations. Other than that, usually the view aft is great! Watching and hearing the wake is calming. The views are wide. The huge balcony is always a plus…and allows for loungers instead of just chairs. When docked…a side view may limit what you can see, but an aft cabin usually gives a nice view of the port and surrounding areas. I’ve never been on Rhapsody so maybe someone else can relate their experience. Good luck!

6 hours ago, Jill said:

We’ve got a corner aft JS on Radiance for Alaska next year. I’ve been told I got a GREAT cabin! Yes this particular balcony is HUGE

0A10E566-8C9C-4F91-B81F-E6DFA5A83B2A.jpeg

Thank you for clarifying.   Corner AFT is what we should be looking for.  Was there a large price difference between that one and the other JS?

Edited by Va4fam
add content

54 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

Thank you for clarifying.   Corner AFT is what we should be looking for.  Was there a large price difference between that one and the other JS?

I didn’t even compare prices. I saw the corner aft was available and snagged it fast! 

Pretty sure JS are all the same category/same price

We love the aft cabins, and have had one on the Radiance, and where possible we book thus type of cabin. We love the extra balcony length where you normally have lounge chairs as well as normal chairs. Great area to chill and watch the wake and the amazing views. Sometimes you can fell the vibrations from the engines but it really not too bad. Also you are at the end of the ship but on the Radiance nowhere is a long walk, our favourite ship.

Go for it, you will love it. 

11 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I always choose Aft, never had a problem. I feel like. yes its further away, but I am eating a lot so the exercise is good for me. In most cases the balconies are better. But I need to be on the 6th deck or higher, otherwise I feel the ship when I am sleeping.

I have the same attitude about exercising! I try walking around the ship as much as possible and use the stairs whenever I can to alleviate some of the guilt I feel stuffing my face with all that deliciousness! On land I try to eat right, exercise and take care of myself…so I can splurge when I’m on board!😋