Drink packages and specialty restaurants.

smpoole813

I have pre-purchased drink packages for my Oct 2017 Harmony OTS cruise. I was looking at the FAQ on the RC website and it states this:

Q:  In which venues will the all-inclusive beverage packages be honored? s.gif

A: The beverage packages are honored at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Café, Main Dining Room, and our private destinations during normal business hours. Room service and minibar are not included.

So does that mean that if you go to a specialty restaurant that you have to pay additional for your drinks? The answer above is very specific about mentioning the Windjammer, MDR and private islands but doesn't mention specialty restaurants which sort of implies, to me, that they are not covered there.  :( On the other hand it is also very specific about mentioning Room service and minibars are not included and doesn't mention specialty restaurants in their 'not included' list either. So...??? :unsure:

As everyone has mentioned - pretty much everywhere, but there can be exceptions.

If you run into an exception, know that it may very well be the case, be polite and understanding, but I wouldn't hesitate to question it.  For example, on Freedom we were initially told that only one or two of the Sabor margaritas were included with the package - until Annette was kind enough to speak with management and explain that most of us had been to Sabor on other ships, and the margaritias were always covered.  Suddently the rules changed.

I always default to the explanation in the beverage package documentation (though who knows what the latest and greatest is) where it said that all alcoholic drinks were covered up to $12 ($13 on some ships) and that you'd simply pay the difference (w/ Premium or Ultimate at the time, now Deluxe) if you wanted something that cost more.  We did this with several scotches.