What is going on with the Allure and Wonder switchover?

foxrunner

We were booked on Allure on the 8 Night Eastern Caribbean over Easter this coming April. We got an email saying we were being moved to a Allure 6 Night West C. on the same start date. When talking to Royal folks on the phone they are saying we are being moved to a 5Night Western C. on Wonder and it is now a day earlier. We need to figure out if we can affordably move our flights or get our money back. The problem is no one from Royal will promise that the cruise dates are firm. Royal says everything will be announced on Oct. 20th, which is the same day we loose the refund. Does anyone know what is happening?

To make it a little more complicated our great rate flight was just cancelled and flying over Easter isn't a bargain. Did I mention we have two other couples joining us! The rate we have right now is quite low around $1.900.00 for a Jr. Suite and our friends are in Ocean View Balconies for $1,600.00. If we moved to Symphony 7 Night it would be $2,400 for an ocean view balcony. Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Most of the time Royal's left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and people on the phone are reacting to what has not been informed to them correctly. First TA, use them to negotiate this landmine as they have more clout then just a single person. Second do not trust anything RC tell you on the phone unless you see it in writing. 

Part of the cancelation email you got was to move to another Allure cruise at the same rate for the same type of room, I know I was one of the people on the Allure Easter cruise. We moved to the Aprill 22nd cruise while others moved to the April 30th cruise. If you talk to RC they will try to move you to another ship and you will pay an increased fair, I was quoted an increase of almost $5k to move to Wonder or Symphony to keep the room class I have.

And BTW RC will never cancel or change a cruise while a sale is going on.

11 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No way would I accept a 5 or 6 night cruise when I had booked an 8 night - even for a switch from AL to WO.  IMO, the screw-up on the airfare would seal the deal.  It's unfortunate that there are other couples involved - that makes the choice more difficult.

The other couples do complicate things but we want to cruise together and have a shared experience. I wish Royal was being more transparent about what is going on with Allure. I'm wondering if they are going to complete the refurb, or if they are moving her elsewhere. I thought the move to Texas was in Oct. 2022. Wondering if @Matt has the inside skinny?