Travel Insurance Suggestions?

I used Best Cruise Insurance Plans Of October 2021 – Forbes Advisor to help make my choice. Lots of great filters to get what you need, and they make some great recommendations. I went with APRIL, a company I have used before. While I have never had to make a claim, they cover a lot of medical issues that may arise in which my health insurance may not cover. 

Whatever you choose, do make sure they have emergency evacuation coverage. Getting that helicopter trip off the ship ain't cheap. 

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

=1.  We also have Allianz All Trips Premier

Me too! It gives peace of mind to have insurance and picking one that has great ratings and reviews is important. 
Also, I think any US government agency (Coast Guard, Navy…etc) rescue including helicopter evacuation is not chargeable to you. It’s covered by their budget…it’s what they do and they do it so well. But the land transportation and the costs after leaving their control mount quickly. That’s where your responsibility kicks in and it’s good to have the insurance. Good luck!

Questions about insurance:   I usually pay for my flight's insurance when I book my flight, but what about the cruise insurance?  I haven't paid fully for my cruise yet, so does that mean I still have time to get the insurance?  Does RC offer insurance when you pay your final bill like the airlines or no, you have to get it separately? 

the only thing i'm worried about is getting covid before my trip, and that I would be reimbursed for.  How often does something happen during a cruise? 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Travel Insurance Suggestions?

We are thinking tht we will get a policy that is a medical one. The airlines give a voucher for a year, so not compensable, and for the cruise only a non-covid cancellation for in the last 48 hours would apply regarding “loss” in terms of the cruise. That would be then $300-500 for the non-medical part alone. And existing conditions, most likely to be the problem if there is one, aren’t covered unless you get the insurance closely after your deposit is made (which was done long ago for all our cruises). I have been trying to compare those policies. Anyone else get a medical (non-cancellation) policy?

Since I'm new to cruising I had booked my trip with Royal online myself and purchased the insurance through them.  After reading blog I am learning many new things for next time.  Does anyone know if this insurance will be adequate.  I thought that the cruise line would choose a plan that would cover covid but don't see that exact statement in the outline, just medical care.