Vaccination card - upload question

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I'm not sure they have enabled it for all ships yet.  I've seen it for Indy in November and Freedom this month but not Allure or Harmony.

In the app it becomes step 3 of the check in process, after entering ID like passport then choosing an arrival appointment.  

It is on the app for our November Allure and Symphony.

Back before RCL changed the check-in dates on us, I had uploaded my pix of my vaccination card while checking in for both Freedom (29 Nov) and Oasis (5 Dec).  It prompted me to do so as I was completing the check-in process.  Time (i.e., 11 days from now) will tell as to whether or not that information was retained -- along with my wellness check time!

I know showing vaccine cards may not be a permanent thing, but…as a frequent cruiser, I was hoping there would be an option for allowing Royal to store a copy of my card in their system…like all my other personal info. That would make it easier during check-in at the terminal…and also reduce the chance of losing it. But, then again…I have my photo stored and always use it during online check-in, however it seems I still have to pose for a picture at the terminal. I figure they’re pretty strict about the cards..especially since during a back to back, I had to produce my card again even though they just photographed it when I boarded a week before. Maybe the systems aren’t set up for it as a way to ensure there are no mistakes. I know it’s not easy making computer program changes over such a large system, especially for something that may be ‘temporary’…but here’s hoping!

51 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I entered my vaccination info and uploaded front and back images of the card.  When I click on the link, it is making me upload the images again. Is this happening with someone else too?

Actually I noticed the same thing but if I go back without adding anything the vaccination block is still checked!

8 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

The Vax card area just opened up a few hours ago on my Oct 31st Allure sailing. I took my pics but know I still have to show it 5 or eleven times.

I didn’t mind showing it several times at embarkation on the Allure last September.  But the screeners having to take pictures of it was a pain. Some of the older screeners seemed like they were just learning to take pictures with their tablets.

The reality is Royal processes are not perfect right now.

Upload your vaccination card but you need to show it three different times before boarding, sometimes at checkpoints that are literally 25 feet from each other.  

Does Royal think it's possible to become unvaccinated while walking 25 feet?  Do they not trust their own processes?  Maybe the first checkpoint forgot to ask for the card so have checkpoints two and three ask for the same documents again after asking the guest to upload it.  

If an unvaccinated slips on board they deserve to be there after making it through the gauntlet.  

We asked the personnel at the pier in Seattle that question on why we had to show it to three different people (yes it was three different people who could literally see each other). They told us they are from three different agencies so they must check themselves. Maybe one of the day these folks will get together and we can have one checkpoint again. Until then I supposed it is good that people have jobs. Either way it was really fast from the bus drop off to onboard the ship (15 minutes).

In Miami it was all the same terminal contractor uniforms.  The last two checkpoints were in the suite lounge in terminal A.

I was the only person there since it was after 3pm.  The one person sat me down and did the check in thing.  The other lady guarding the rope barrier to the ship watched.  Next I went to the lady guarding the rope barrier.  After checking my documents again she literally said "...and now I will open the barrier for you".  It was like a skit out of a Monty Python video.  

They should really have something like checkpoint charlie and a big swing up barrier to make it more dramatic.   "Show me your papers!".... "You may pass... THIS TIME".  

Interesting story.  I uploaded my vaccination card and my husband's last Monday.  They took my husbands fine but refused mine 2 times.  Have no idea why, it is same as my husbands card?   Tried calling but after 2 hour wait just gave up.     So, Monday night we took at our home Covid tests,  and my husband was positive.  We were  shocked.  We are both vaccinated, and I am the one with autoimmune issues.   I am negative and still am.  So, didn't matter at the time about them now accepting my vaccination card.

Yesterday  I went and got my covid booster shot, and had them redo the whole vaccination card.  Hopefully for cruise in December it will be ok.  I want to cruise so bad, but am definitely very tired a of all you have to go thru to get on the ship.

7 hours ago, twangster said:

They should really have something like checkpoint charlie and a big swing up barrier to make it more dramatic.   "Show me your papers!".... "You may pass... THIS TIME".  

Lol

There’s a video game my son used to play a few years ago called “Papers, Please” that I referenced after showing our vaccination cards to three different people in the same room at the British Colonial Hilton.  It was a very weird experience since each person watched our cards be inspected by the person before them.  Like you, we were the only guests there at the time.

I’m pretty sure the workers doing check-in thought I was insane…. I’m glad to see I’m not the only me who thinks like this. 

For those who don’t have gamer kids:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papers,_Please

2 hours ago, Linda R said:

Interesting story.  I uploaded my vaccination card and my husband's last Monday.  They took my husbands fine but refused mine 2 times.  Have no idea why, it is same as my husbands card?   Tried calling but after 2 hour wait just gave up.     So, Monday night we took at our home Covid tests,  and my husband was positive.  We were  shocked.  We are both vaccinated, and I am the one with autoimmune issues.   I am negative and still am.  So, didn't matter at the time about them now accepting my vaccination card.

Yesterday  I went and got my covid booster shot, and had them redo the whole vaccination card.  Hopefully for cruise in December it will be ok.  I want to cruise so bad, but am definitely very tired a of all you have to go thru to get on the ship.

So sorry to hear that your husband tested positive.  Will you have time to re-test ?

9 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

We asked the personnel at the pier in Seattle that question on why we had to show it to three different people (yes it was three different people who could literally see each other). They told us they are from three different agencies so they must check themselves. Maybe one of the day these folks will get together and we can have one checkpoint again. Until then I supposed it is good that people have jobs. Either way it was really fast from the bus drop off to onboard the ship (15 minutes).

I don't remember having to show papers more than once in Seattle, but we also had a two year old, so they helped get us through quicker since we were going to have to wait on the same day COVID test.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So sorry to hear that your husband tested positive.  Will you have time to re-test ?

We tested the required 2 days before cruise.  Had to cancel.  Our cruise left last Wednesday.  December am sure hoping will work out.  Getting tired of many, many cancelled cruises.

On 10/4/2021 at 6:21 PM, CrusingfromClayton said:

Hello everyone! Where exactly on a reservation do we upload our vaccination cards? I thought it was on our Sail Pass but for some reason, I cannot seem to find where to upload the pics anywhere on the site. Thanks in advance!

On my Apple iPad, the Royal app allowed me to upload photos of my card…but still not on my Android phone…even after updating. So today I deleted the app from my phone…powered it down…then restarted it. After downloading the app again, I found the ‘Photo Vaccination Card’ option in my check in, right after ‘Choose Arrival Time’. 
But remember we still need to bring the card to the port!