xSAILEDx Quantum of the Seas - August 22, 2022 (Alaskan NO Glacier)

SPS

We decided to check off a bucket list cruise (AND take last-minute advantage of the double C&A points offer!) and book a 7-Night Alaskan Cruise on Quantum of the Seas!

Who's coming with us?!?!?!

Day 1: Seattle, Washington
Day 2: Cruising
Day 3: Icy Strait Point, Alaska
Day 4: Skagway, Alaska
Day 5: (Morning) Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier (Cruising)
Day 5: (Afternoon) Juneau, Alaska
Day 6: Cruising
Day 7: Victoria, British Columbia
Day 8: Seattle, Washington

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 9:28 PM, SueB said:

What is your preference for the pretesting???  Walgreens or local in Seattle or emed proctored test???

Emed. Easy and available 24/7 with no appointment needed and I don't need to go anywhere.

Plus, I still have four leftover from the six-pack I bought for our cruise back in January. (Expire in November)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATED AUGUST 3RD, NO GLACIERS! NO ICY POINT STRAIT! EARLIER ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE FROM JUNEAU.

There goes a bunch of our port plans!

Day 1: Seattle, Washington
Day 2: Cruising
Day 3: Icy Strait Point, Alaska Ketchikan, Alaska
Day 4: Skagway, Alaska
Day 5: (Morning) Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier (Cruising)
Day 5: (Afternoon) Juneau, Alaska
Day 6: Cruising
Day 7: Victoria, British Columbia
Day 8: Seattle, Washington

• SPS changed the title to Quantum of the Seas - August 22, 2022 (Alaskan NO Glacier)

Rebooked this sailing after we tested positive for COVID before our previous booking on Ovation in July! This is our (delayed) honeymoon cruise! 

We are so excited to see Alaska for the first time. Sad about missing the glaciers but excited for Ketchikan! 

For some reason my husband has a boarding time at 11 and I have a boarding time of 12:30. I keep checking back to see if I can change it but if not, just going to see if they will just let us both board at 11:00. 

See you all there! 

4 hours ago, SueB said:

Excited about Ketchikan!

The stop there is rather short though, 7:00 - 1:00. We've chosen not to schedule anything there and just explore the town.

I'm pretty disappointed about missing Icy Point Strait. We had a third party whale watching adventure scheduled. (Already refunded)

I still think the compensation is pretty weak considering this is probably our one and only time going to Alaska and we're gonna miss glacier viewing. (Glacier excursions are just too pricey!)

UPDATE: Right after I posted this, I just got a notice that our Royal Up bid was accepted! Maybe things are starting to looking up! But now I gotta print new luggage tags! LOL

2 hours ago, SPS said:

The stop there is rather short though, 7:00 - 1:00. We've chosen not to schedule anything there and just explore the town.

I'm pretty disappointed about missing Icy Point Strait. We had a third party whale watching adventure scheduled. (Already refunded)

I still think the compensation is pretty weak considering this is probably our one and only time going to Alaska and we're gonna miss glacier viewing. (Glacier excursions are just too pricey!)

UPDATE: Right after I posted this, I just got a notice that our Royal Up bid was accepted! Maybe things are starting to looking up! But now I gotta print new luggage tags! LOL

Agreed the compensation is disappointing. Cruise Hive had just posted that earlier sailings were getting a full day of cruise fare, per person, refunded as on board credit. Not sure why our sailing has not been offered this as well. 

Congrats on your Royal Up Bid though! We have a balcony room so things aren’t all bad for us either haha! 

4 hours ago, SueB said:

Congratulations on your Royal Up Bid.  What were you booked in and what did you get?? 

We only had a Guarantee Interior room (VERY low price!) and have moved up to a balcony for just one click over the minimum bid.

That's wonderful!!  We have a balcony, and I did bid to Royal Up, but I know there is nothing available right now.  I noticed a few more cabins opened up since they announced no glacier.  I am very happy with our room choice and location, so I definitely will not be disappointed.  

• 2 weeks later...

ARRIVECAN FORMS CAN BE COMPLETED NOW!

I was on the ArriveCan app doing this very things when Royal Caribbean sent me a text message remining me to do this!

Despite all the negative postings I've seen about how tedious completing these can be, it was actually quite easy and only took about 5-10 minutes.

FYI: You only need one ArriveCan form for parties travelling together.

TODAY IS COVID TEST DAY!

NEGATIVE RESULTS IN HAND AND ON OUR PHONES!

I know I could get by with just having the results on our phones, but I ALWAYS carry hard copies of everything just in case of technological issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone on this sailing had a good time on this cruise. We certainly did!

I was thinking that maybe we would only do an Alaskan cruise once and now we rethinking that!

Such a beautiful state.

Now I gotta go and get these Cruise Compasses uploaded! Look for them in your inbox @Matt!

• SPS changed the title to xSAILEDx Quantum of the Seas - August 22, 2022 (Alaskan NO Glacier)