Cape Liberty, NJ Procedure

Vlad

Guys anyone cruised out of NJ recently on Oasis? 

What's procedure there? 

I'm coming on the car, then need Park. 

Can I drop off luggage first on the sidewalk? 

Or right now need to check-in first or show my paperwork? 

Really appreciate your help. 

Have like 3 suitcases for family and really hate to drag them from the lot... 

It's very easy to park in NJ.  Parking garage is right next to cruise terminal. You can check your luggage between garage and terminal.  Then proceed inside of terminal to check in for cruise.  There are also further out parking lots near terminal, cheaper than parking garage, but not sure if you'll have assistance moving luggage. You can also drive by terminal and drop off family and luggage then park afterwards if parking in further out lot.

16 minutes ago, Nonnie said:

It's very easy to park in NJ.  Parking garage is right next to cruise terminal. You can check your luggage between garage and terminal.  Then proceed inside of terminal to check in for cruise.  There are also further out parking lots near terminal, cheaper than parking garage, but not sure if you'll have assistance moving luggage. You can also drive by terminal and drop off family and luggage then park afterwards if parking in further out lot.

OK, so they still allow to drop off next to terminal, before proceeding to parking lot? 

I thought maybe now with covid, procedure have changed... 

Just got back from Oasis yesterday. Parking in the adjacent garage is easiest. Just pull up, drop off your luggage, and then pull right into the garage. There are plenty of porters to take your luggage and workers directing you where to go. When you enter the garage, an employee hands you the ticket (they make sure you understand that you must take the ticket with you…you will need it before you return to your car) and then more employees direct you where to park. It’s $25 a night…but it’s the easiest, most convenient, safest and closest to the port. When you leave, there are machines to insert your ticket and credit card. Again, there are workers at each machine to assist you…makes the process much quicker and prevents lines. As you pull out of the lot…more employees to put the exit ticket into the machine for you. The arm goes up…and off you go!

5 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Just got back from Oasis yesterday. Parking in the adjacent garage is easiest. Just pull up, drop off your luggage, and then pull right into the garage. There are plenty of porters to take your luggage and workers directing you where to go. When you enter the garage, an employee hands you the ticket (they make sure you understand that you must take the ticket with you…you will need it before you return to your car) and then more employees direct you where to park. It’s $25 a night…but it’s the easiest, most convenient, safest and closest to the port. When you leave, there are machines to insert your ticket and credit card. Again, there are workers at each machine to assist you…makes the process much quicker and prevents lines. As you pull out of the lot…more employees to put the exit ticket into the machine for you. The arm goes up…and off you go!

Thanks for your info 👍

How was the cruise? 

I'm waiting to sail on Oasis from NY for almost 2 yrs.. 

4 hours ago, Vlad said:

I'm coming on the car, then need Park. 

Vlad,

When your turn off the road and are heading toward the terminal STAY in the right lane. The left lane puts gets you into a parking lot for picking up passengers. The right lane takes you to the front of the terminal and porters are standing by to take your luggage. From there head to the parking garage. It's not a very far walk back to the terminal either. Hope you have a GREAT cruise! 😎

3 minutes ago, rjac said:

Vlad,

When your turn off the road and are heading toward the terminal STAY in the right lane. The left lane puts gets you into a parking lot for picking up passengers. The right lane takes you to the front of the terminal and porters are standing by to take your luggage. From there head to the parking garage. It's not a very far walk back to the terminal either. Hope you have a GREAT cruise! 😎

Thanks for the tip... 

2 hours ago, Vlad said:

Yes, correct... 

That's a lot of money... 

$210 for 7 days parking 🤑😱

My back to back just cost me $350…the next one will cost me $420. But…I consider it as part of my cruise cost. Parking, tips, specialty dining, excursions, purchases. The convenience of parking right next to the terminal outweighs the cost, at least for me. Plus, parking is guaranteed. For that price, I could use a car service to drop me off and pick me up, but I prefer driving myself. It’s all part of the budget.

3 minutes ago, BrianB said:

My back to back just cost me $350…the next one will cost me $420. But…I consider it as part of my cruise cost. Parking, tips, specialty dining, excursions, purchases. The convenience of parking right next to the terminal outweighs the cost, at least for me. Plus, parking is guaranteed. For that price, I could use a car service to drop me off and pick me up, but I prefer driving myself. It’s all part of the budget.

Yes, I was thinking of same thing... Maybe using taxi, car service... Probably saving a little too, especially with $210 price. But no big savings, since they'll also charge me for 2 bridges... Coming from Brooklyn. 

3 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Yes, I was thinking of same thing... Maybe using taxi, car service... Probably saving a little too, especially with $210 price. But no big savings, since they'll also charge me for 2 bridges... Coming from Brooklyn. 

I did car service in the beginning of my cruising career🤣…but I learned I was more comfortable leaving when I wanted, driving myself, in my car…not relying on the timeliness of a driver either getting me there on time…or making me wait with my bag at the port to be picked up. Maybe it’s just me but I’ll pay a little more to be in control.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of great info here for arrival.  Can anyone help with suggestions for the return trip. Should we put our luggage out the night before or just keep it with us? We are a family of four and probably one bag per person.  We are early risers and will be parked in the parking garage as suggested earlier in this thread.

Thanks for any help.

Everyone is pretty much off the ship by 9:00.  It’s not been full capacity so you aren’t fighting the crowds in order to get off the ship and to your car.  You can go and get breakfast while you wait on your departure time.  If you feel like dragging luggage around, why not?  If you’d prefer not to, put it out the night before. Or compromise and keep one bag to throw the dirty clothes into from the night before.

Disembarkation has been pretty smooth lately…especially with the decreased capacity. I do self walk off with my luggage but it’s just me with a large rolling bag and a carry on that attaches to the top. The walk from the ship, through the gangway, down the escalator and into the customs hall is pretty long. If I had more than one bag, I would probably just put them out at night and pick them up in the customs hall. It’s very easy locating them. Then after getting my face scanned at CPB checkpoint and getting the green check mark…a quick stroll out the side door and to the garage. Make sure you have your parking ticket with you…do NOT leave it in the car. I hear this happens quite often. When you approach the garage, you must insert the ticket and a credit card into the self-service pay machine to get an exit ticket. There’s also a cash only machine. Don’t worry…there are plenty of workers to show you how it’s done. They actually do it for you…makes things go much quicker. You’ll get a receipt and an exit ticket which you need to raise the barrier to get out of the garage. They even have a worker who takes your ticket and inserts it in the machine for you. Up goes the arm and you’re on your way.

Boarded the Oasis yesterday. This cruise there are 3147 passengers. 
The process at the terminal was a bit busier than last month. Luggage drop off was still wide open. No problem pulling up, dropping off my bag with a porter, and then parking in the garage. 
I arrived at my assigned time (12:00) and there was a long line snaking towards the parking garage. There was one port worker telling people that the line was only for those with boarding times between 11:00 and 1:00 and everyone else should stand aside. Of course, that didn’t work.  
I noticed a smaller line up ahead that seemed to be moving into the terminal. It wasn’t Star class as they had a different gathering point. So I headed to that line. We quickly made our way in and to the security points. No one checked our boarding passes to see what time we had…just directed us to the scanners. I wish there was someone who would tell guests to place their metal items (cell phones, keys…etc) in their carry ons before we got to the actual scanner…that would have saved a lot of time. Once past the security scanners, we were directed to a short line where each guest is checked in…documents examined…vaccine card photoed…and then we went from there to the ship. 
The crowd outside should have been managed better. More workers giving information and directing people where to go were needed, more signage…even lanes with arrival time signs would have helped. Luckily for me, I noticed the other line moving into the terminal and just went to it. I hope they can get a handle on it before capacity increases…but the Oasis is only here another week. Then it’s the Anthem…still a lot of passengers.

I can give some insight.  This is a week older than Brian's info, but it's rather informative.

Due to my early in flight (never again), I was at the port by 9 am.  Our check in was noon.  And it kept raining off and on.  My own fault, I didn't expect anything until noon.

Around 10:30 am, a guy comes out from the port and announces to every group "In line" (Aka underneath the large section that was covered from the rain) that he would be sticking to exactly what peoples boarding passes say.  At the same time the genies start coming out and grabbing the Star Class people.  At 11, another guy comes out and starts making his way down the line announcing, "Pinnacle, Suites, Star Class or 11 am check in times, come up to the line." About 15 feet from us there was a roped off queue area.

A few minutes later a woman approached us and asked how old our child was, and after I told her he was 9, she told us to go wait by the doors.  So despite our noon check in time, we and every other parent of an under 11 were allowed in early to process through the covid testing.  Downside: I had intermittent signal inside of the port. Outside was max, inside was frequently dead.  Waiting for the results of the covid test with no internet connection to check email was a kind of afterlife punishment I hope I don't earn.

The Facebook group for the cruise announced that by 12 to 12:30, they were just processing whoever and weren't following the boarding passes anymore.  I don't know what changed except for maybe fast processing.

On 10/17/2021 at 6:46 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

Same here, we booked the first cruise that was supposed to be from NJ. 3 others cancelled and now June 2022 and then August 2022. Fingers crossed. 

We're doing Oasis Aug 5 2022 also -- can't wait! First doing Anthem in January.  And yes, DH drops off me, 2 daughters (1 in wheelchair), and all the luggage at the terminal. We have to wait maybe 5-10 minutes for him to park & walk back to join us, but that was in previous years when it was quite busy.  Not sure what January will be like yet, in terms of passenger capacity.

Tune in to @Matt's most recent podcast, which will be released to the public tomorrow (today for Royal Caribbean Blog INSIDERS!!) - he interviewed a woman who just sailed out of Bayonne a couple of weeks ago.  Excellent information for ya!

Again, it'll be available tomorrow (Wednesday) wherever you like to stream podcasts, or direct from the website:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/podcast

• 4 months later...