Rental car to Cruise Port Cape Liberty?

Carotthat

Hello,

we are going ont the 4day cruise next august from Cape Liberty, NJ. Coming from Toronto at these days, I was thinking about simply renting a car there and dropping it near the port.

After the cruise, we'll depart from EWR (Newark Airport).

Do you have any suggestions for this "problem"? I thought about leaving my family at the port, dropping the car at EWR and returning to the port with uber or anything, but this is quite pricey.

Are there any rental car companies close to the port? I found Enterprise, Budget and Hertz - maybe they give us a ride?

Caro

Enterprise has a location in Bayonne. It doesn't offer a shuttle to the port so you are still looking at a Uber/Lyft ride for the 4 miles from the Enterprise location to the port. But that's probably the closest for you to drop off the family and have them wait for you. The location isn't open on Sunday and has limited Saturday hours. 

Otherwise I would drop the car off at Newark airport and just get Uber/Lyft to the port for the whole family. 

• 10 months later...