Off topic question about cruise port of Miami

RCVoyager

I'm a big baseball fan as well as a big cruise fan.  The sad news of the death of young baseball star, Jose Fernandez, in Miami this morning may bring the two together.  He died in when the boat he was in slammed into a jetty early this morning.  The location was listed as Miami Beach.  To my knowledge, the only jetties at Miami Beach are at the entrance to the cruise ship docks.  Does anyone know if that was the location of the accident?

I'm a Cincinnati Reds fan, but I know elite baseball talent when I see it.  He had it.  Sad for his family and that of the other two men who died.

I'm a big baseball fan as well as a big cruise fan.  The sad news of the death of young baseball star, Jose Fernandez, in Miami this morning may bring the two together.  He died in when the boat he was in slammed into a jetty early this morning.  The location was listed as Miami Beach.  To my knowledge, the only jetties at Miami Beach are at the entrance to the cruise ship docks.  Does anyone know if that was the location of the accident?

I'm a Cincinnati Reds fan, but I know elite baseball talent when I see it.  He had it.  Sad for his family and that of the other two men who died.

Go Redlegs (I'm from Cincinnati)! Agreed that it's quite sad... I'd be surprised if this was near the cruise terminal but I honestly have no idea on this one. 

I thought it was prob where the cruise ships pass by as I thought that area looked familiar from when I cruised out of Miami last Nov.

I haven't heard anything about alcohol yet.....thought it was going to be weeks for the toxicology reports?

Sad no matter what.

The only reference to alcohol I have seen was that he was seen at a Brickell (sp?) area bar prior to going out on the boat.  I don't know that I have seen any direct info on him drinking at that bar though.

I was very surprised when looking at the pictures of those jetties, and how far out they protrude into the ocean, that they did not have any marker lights on them.