Making Reservations for Unlimited Dining Package

PG Cruiser

It'll be assigned to you. You can change anything when you board.  We went to the main dining room and made all of our specialty restaurant reservations first thing when we boarded.  You can also do it at any specialty restaurant, we just happened to be close to the MDR at the time.

On 10/2/2021 at 7:46 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

It'll be assigned to you. You can change anything when you board.  We went to the main dining room and made all of our specialty restaurant reservations first thing when we boarded.  You can also do it at any specialty restaurant, we just happened to be close to the MDR at the time.

That's good to know, saves running around when you first get on board! 

2 minutes ago, roybthered said:

That's good to know, saves running around when you first get on board! 

Yep.  Just pick the first restaurant you spot.  There were also crew members set up right in the Promenade providing the same service, so it was an easy and quick thing to take care of.

11 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

There were also crew members set up right in the Promenade providing the same service, so it was an easy and quick thing to take care of.

The problem I encountered with booking in the Promenade was that they did it by phone.  They had no computer to see the bookings and availability.  I was only making reservations for a 3 Night package but it got quite exasperating after a while.   The lady assisting me was talking to someone on the phone about my reservations.  The three-way communication was not very efficient.  I offered to just look for an open restaurant to complete my reservations.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, snoop-a-loop said:

Is it best to go to a speciality restaurant on boarding day then to make all the reservations?

We have the UDP and trying to strategize. I picked 5:30 on the first day because just that and 9pm was showing up. Ideally would like to eat at 7-8pm, so hoping I can get the first day changed as well.

Yes, that's the best way to get it all taken care of at once.

4 hours ago, Mark_A said:

last week on Odyssey I did this.  I went to Lunch at Giovanni's, had a great lunch and while there, they made all my dining reservations for me!

This is what I did while having lunch at Giovanni’s on Day 1, while waiting for the room to be available.

Note however that this was a Monday-Friday sailing. One might have a different experience for the busier weekend sailings