Got the Dining package for the 2 adults, can we take our kids with us if they don't eat the food there.

Jzx1103

So my wife and I got the unlimited dining package, we also have a 6 and 8 year old that only eats pizza, burgers, hot dogs and fries and can care less for the fancy foods so getting them the package would be a complete waste. Will Royal still let the kids dine with us and we'll just grab food for them from Sorrentos dog house, and Promenade cafe instead?

You can make reservations for the kids when you make the adult reservations. The policy is it's $10 a kid and they do have a kids menu that should contain something the kids will eat. If not they are still accommodating and will find something. You may find you don't always get charged the $10 per kid. It is inconsistent whether they will charge, but it is in the fine print of the dining plan under Additional Terms & Conditions. Remember a non paying kid is one less seat they could sell to someone who pays.

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You can make reservations for the kids when you make the adult reservations. The policy is it's $10 a kid and they do have a kids menu that should contain something the kids will eat. If not they are still accommodating and will find something. You may find you don't always get charged the $10 per kid. It is inconsistent whether they will charge, but it is in the fine print of the dining plan under Additional Terms & Conditions. Remember a non paying kid is one less seat they could sell to someone who pays.

Makes sense. Probably not worth doing the plan in that case then, frankly, as I'd rather not shell out an extra $70+ on top of the $400 for the dining plan when I know she's probably just gonna wind up nibbling at whatever we order and then be back down at Sorrento's or something later. 

10 minutes ago, GKMCruising said:

Makes sense. Probably not worth doing the plan in that case then, frankly, as I'd rather not shell out an extra $70+ on top of the $400 for the dining plan when I know she's probably just gonna wind up nibbling at whatever we order and then be back down at Sorrento's or something later. 

It's only the cover charge places where you may have to pay the $10 per kid. If you go to something ala carte like Playmakers or Portside BBQ there's no charge for the kiddos. You could take advantage of the kids club during dinner and enjoy an adults only dinner too. FYI kids 5 and under aren't charged anything.

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's only the cover charge places where you may have to pay the $10 per kid. If you go to something ala carte like Playmakers or Portside BBQ there's no charge for the kiddos. You could take advantage of the kids club during dinner and enjoy an adults only dinner too. FYI kids 5 and under aren't charged anything.

Ok, yeah, she's only 2, so in that case I'm assuming she wouldn't have the cover? 

1 hour ago, GKMCruising said:

Awesome. I really should learn to read before bothering people on here with questions, but thank you. 🤣

No need to feel bad about asking questions.  You'd be surprised how much more I've learned from reading posts here vs the official Royal sources.  Sometimes their websites just don't make it easy to find the info you need!