Navica results- QR code question

Rob922

I took the Emed at home proctored test yesterday (October 1st) and received my negative test results.  I checked the QR code on the website this morning a little more than 24 hours later and above the QR code in bold it says 2 days since negative result.  I am assuming tomorrow when I arrive at the cruise port it will say "3 days since negative test results"  Will this create a problem at the cruise terminal tomorrow?  I was told by several RCI customer service reps over the phone I could take this test at any point on Friday and I will be good.  Has anyone on her experience the same issue?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Rob922 said:

I took the Emed at home proctored test yesterday (October 1st) and received my negative test results.  I checked the QR code on the website this morning a little more than 24 hours later and above the QR code in bold it says 2 days since negative result.  I am assuming tomorrow when I arrive at the cruise port it will say "3 days since negative test results"  Will this create a problem at the cruise terminal tomorrow?  I was told by several RCI customer service reps over the phone I could take this test at any point on Friday and I will be good.  Has anyone on her experience the same issue?

Thanks 

Screenshot it now? I ageee with @SpeedNoodles, about the printed copy. 

4 hours ago, Rob922 said:

Thanks 

Same - I saved a copy of the eMed results on my phone and plan to use that instead of the NAVICA app to avoid confusion.  

Self tests are worth talking about. First, there are several approved by the FDA for use in the US only. The question of timing the execution of these self tests has been answered above. Even though personnel checking you in to a cruise may  not know the difference between a self test and a proctored and certified self test, I would recommend not using any self tests unless they are proctored and certified. The BinaxNow self tests both pair with the NAVICA App - easy to use and reliable as long as you have an internet connection and battery power on your phone. Carry paper copies of the result and QR code. 

Things are different in Europe.  The EUC Health Committee "recommends" only one self test - Abbott PanBio and THIS TEST MUST BE ADMINISTERED BY A HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL. I am assuming that this test is similar to the on-line proctor monitored, Abbott BinaxNow test kit and is an acceptable self test within the EU. The PanBio and BinaxNow proctor monitored self test are identical except for packaging - same reagents, same process. Still, the BinaxNow is by the letter of the rules an unacceptable self test even when it is proctored and certified. You can only obtain a PanBio test within Europe so, if you want to use these, plan your arrival and testing timing accordingly. They do cost around $30 per test kit (only one test per box on the proctored and certified self-tests). Better yet, get a PCR test - in the US you can find a rapid one (under 24h) for around $120-150. 24-72 for less some may be covered by your insurance (another topic altogether). As far as I know any molecular (PCR) test will be sufficient to prove you don't have COVID. Test either before leaving the US or once in Europe. There are readily available testing sites in Europe but few of them speak English.

Keep in mind, the EUC "recommends" that member states follow their COVID related health guidance. They don't mandate it. The problem with that is that COVID testing entry requirements may vary by country or even airport and change frequently. Talking to EU citizens, enforcement of the strictest rules is mixed - best advice they give is go with the strictest rules. Here's the most frequently updated travel site. The in country US embassy sites are also pretty good.

https://www.iata.org/en/publications/timatic/

If you plan on visiting Europe for a cruise. I'm about to post my travel experience getting there and within three nations; Portugal, Switzerland and Spain in the Celebrity/Silver Sea Thread. 

When we boarded Ovation last week they preferred the printed copy of our test results and we were from the pier to onboard in about 20 minutes. It is easier for them to review and we had all our documents (set sail pass, COVID test result and passport) together as each person (three different stops) wanted to see two out of the three and different each time. Love the eMuster and it was the first thing we did once we boarded. Was tougher on our previous cruise as we were the last on-board and were scrambling to get everything done. Looking forward to our next one later this month.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:51 AM, Rob922 said:

Thanks 

We had the app loaded at the port, with backup screenshots and hard copies. As it turned out, the hard copies were faster.

In preparation for our upcoming cruise, i ordered 4 tests, two for me and two for the wife.  I placed one order to get all 4 tests and hope someone here can answer some questions for me.  Thanks!

1. Should the wife and each create our Navica logins now or wait until we are doing the test?
  2. Can the wife and I test at the same time or should we each contact the telemed location individually? This may actually be required

Is there anything that would be helpful to complete before the testing to make sure it's "smooth sailing" for this process.

You need to each create a Navica account and you can do that at any time, preferably before you call for the test. There are numerous You Tube videos on how to take the test, one of the best is La Lida Loco. He actually messes up and has to retake it. Shows you what to avoid.

You will have to take the test individually and not together as the results are your own and go to your app. It is very easy and I suggest you do it early in the morning to avoid any waiting for the proctor who watches you do the nose rooter. We have a dozen tests at home to cover most of our upcoming cruises.

22 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

You need to each create a Navica account and you can do that at any time, preferably before you call for the test. There are numerous You Tube videos on how to take the test, one of the best is La Lida Loco. He actually messes up and has to retake it. Shows you what to avoid.

You will have to take the test individually and not together as the results are your own and go to your app. It is very easy and I suggest you do it early in the morning to avoid any waiting for the proctor who watches you do the nose rooter. We have a dozen tests at home to cover most of our upcoming cruises.

Thanks so much!