Head, shoulders, knees and toes! (Knees and Toes!)  Serenade Panama Canal Oct. 1, 2021

KristiZ

Day 13 - At Sea

Our last full day! How can this be??!?

The crew is looking forward to an extra day off between our arrival in Miami and the repositioning to Tampa. A number of them have talked about having a beer and laying by the pool for a day.

The interesting thing that happened today was that Captain Stig was displeased with how the Canal treated his lady. He found us a calm spot of ocean and we sat for about an hour while crews cleaned up and painted some scrapes. The captain said he didn’t want to go into Miami looking like we had been in a fight 🙂 

FCAC3EEA-25AA-4FAC-BE34-ED7DCF2F1E26.thumb.jpeg.3e6ea85ed4966cc4dcfd6782c003f660.jpeg

We stopped next to a haunted lighthouse in the Bahamas.

DD8591A8-0934-4064-9A7D-A644DDA8DBEF.jpeg.de5b34ea45015df3eb212de3fcbdb92e.jpeg

Our last towel art:

436F599D-924A-495C-8321-C435C4960006.thumb.jpeg.e8bfe162783ade50fd9589129080b9ed.jpeg

Day 14 - Debarkation

sigh. Hi there, Miami. 
52B575FF-A0C1-40ED-B2BA-685931DA45E5.jpeg.e6f8cb7e236b2d68ec54b26f1fc61d46.jpeg

I really don’t want to go! It was so, so nice to be back on a cruise again!

I very much like the new “wait in your stateroom until your number is called” debarkation program. Much more pleasant than everyone crowding into the public spaces to wait. 

CBP was either very bored or specifically looking for something today. Lots of officers all over, and no breezing out waving your US passport. Still didn’t take too long, fortunately. The nice taxi whisked us to Miami airport, where we now sit awaiting our flight to Managua. 

I have to say, the departure PCR testing Royal offers worked flawlessly. In addition to Covid we were tested for Flu A, Flu B, and RSV, just for funzies I guess! We had our results in less than 2 hours, with all the stamps and signatures the government of Nicaragua requires. 

MisterZ declared he is once again fully #TeamSuite. I fear what will happen the first time we’re on Oasis-class… 🤣

Thank you all for following along!

21 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

Day 14 - Debarkation

sigh. Hi there, Miami. 
52B575FF-A0C1-40ED-B2BA-685931DA45E5.jpeg.e6f8cb7e236b2d68ec54b26f1fc61d46.jpeg

I really don’t want to go! It was so, so nice to be back on a cruise again!

I very much like the new “wait in your stateroom until your number is called” debarkation program. Much more pleasant than everyone crowding into the public spaces to wait.

I didn't want to either!

And I agree waiting in your stateroom is so much better.

Thanks for sharing your trip. It's been great.

Safe travels home. 😊

11 hours ago, KristiZ said:

The interesting thing that happened today was that Captain Stig was displeased with how the Canal treated his lady. He found us a calm spot of ocean and we sat for about an hour while crews cleaned up and painted some scrapes. The captain said he didn’t want to go into Miami looking like we had been in a fight 🙂 

That's hilarious.  

This was Vision with a few scrapes right after the canal:

uCgvwv6.jpg

XlraICm.jpg 

19 minutes ago, janetmojo said:

Oh my gosh we just passed this lighthouse a few days ago and I have been looking everywhere to find info on it!  Anyone know where I can get more info?

I recall the captain saying something about Great Isaac Cay, so try your googling there. We were there at high tide, so my photo doesn't show as much of the island as is visible at other times.