C&A tier move

Ampurp85

I think this might have been answered but I searched and couldn't find it.

If you move C&A tiers in-between cruises, will they honor it? I have a S2S2S cruise scheduled in Jan, there is about a day in between each cruise and all different ships. I will turn diamond midway through the second cruise. Will I be Diamond the start of my 3rd cruise or will I have to wait until my next cruise?

22 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

If you move C&A tiers in-between cruises, will they honor it? I have a S2S2S cruise scheduled in Jan, there is about a day in between each cruise and all different ships. I will turn diamond midway through the second cruise. Will I be Diamond the start of my 3rd cruise or will I have to wait until my next cruise?

Your points won't post until some number of days after the 2nd cruise but you have earned them.  You will need to contact the Loyalty Ambassador once you board the 3rd cruise.  They can verify you have earned the points and upgrade your status in the ship's system.  Most likely, your SeaPass cards won't be updated to the right color but you will get the benefits.

From my understanding it can take up to 2 weeks for points to apply. I am setup to do a B2B at the end of the month with my friend and am Gold currently and my friend has nothing. I am hoping that she will still get double points for the second sailing but for the most part is not a huge deal. By the end of the cruise I will be into platinum and after the end of 2022 I should hit emerald. 

I feel like they would know and honor it and I only say that because the cruise we just finished was our step up to Emerald and while we didn't get the Emerald benefits on board, the pins were already in the room. We found that really surprising since we know things are normally reflected on the cruise AFTER points are added.

So I guess they had to know we were crossing the threshold and if they knew that, they should know about yours.

But I still agree with the others to call, because while some humans may know and you may even get the pin, the technology may not update so it may need to be done manually on that 3rd leg.

9 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

What happens if you skip a tier altogether? We will go from Platinum to Diamond. What happens to the Emerald benefits? Will they just catch up on the next cruise when we are Diamond?

Just Skip, not a problem. I just got off a B4B on Symphony a few weeks back. I changed between several cruises.
After we were allowed back on, I went to the Loyalty Ambassador, Mary, at the beginning of the next cruise around noon,
handed her our seapass cards, and
she either put a little sticker on it saying our correct level, or when she had blank cards, reprint new cards the card with the correct level.

Additionally, she handed us all our pins for our new levels. 

It generally took about 7 days for the system to catch up with us, and being in suites, by that time, we were changing again.

However, the system may not be ready to give you 'Next Cruise' correct level discounts, unless you are longer than 6 days.
That was the only place where we had an issue , but it recorded, and we corrected it on the last night of the 7-day cruise.

45 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

I have had so many answers to this question that I’m not sure what the truth is – what about those of us who have booked ahead quite a distance and then become diamond (and Diamond plus) Will Royal add that discount or are we just SOL?

To do this they usually have to reprice at the current rates. 

1 hour ago, AlohaLivin said:

I have had so many answers to this question that I’m not sure what the truth is – what about those of us who have booked ahead quite a distance and then become diamond (and Diamond plus) Will Royal add that discount or are we just SOL?

Up until final payment date you can always call and have a booking repriced using current rates/discounts/promotions, including the Balcony/Suite discount from your Crown & Anchor tier. So anytime your booking would price out less than you previously paid you can do this. But they can't simply adjust a discount already set on your booking as discounts are based upon remaining balances after applicable discounts get applied in a certain order, so everything changes.

Now some countries don't allow this, like UK-bookings have never been repriceable like this; they had to cancel subject to non-refundable deposits and rebook to get current rates -- though at least during the Cruise With Confidence period, everyone has had benefit of repricing, even up through 48 hours before sailing.

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

To do this they usually have to reprice at the current rates. 

And @dswallow

That is what I had understood, so the SOL applies 😞 It is just a great deal of cash, cumulatively, down the drain so while we were on the topic I thought I would clardiy (maybe hoping for a miracle 😂). Thanks for verifying the info though 😊

53 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

And @dswallow

That is what I had understood, so the SOL applies 😞 It is just a great deal of cash, cumulatively, down the drain so while we were on the topic I thought I would clardiy (maybe hoping for a miracle 😂). Thanks for verifying the info though 😊

What ship and sail dates did you have booked?

8 minutes ago, dswallow said:

What ship and sail dates did you have booked?

We are on Symphony 11/6 and Allure 11/4 - our next two up. We have another in April 2022, on the August 2022 and the one booked for Dec 2022. Partsay through all 0d that we will pass Diamond and reach d+. it may be somewhere along the line those cruise Rakestraw, the first two definitely won’t since those were left in shifts over to larger ships/

17 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

One thing to check - when we crossed over to Diamond between two cruises, a sticker was affixed to our second SeaPass indicating we were Diamond but the SeaPass was not activated to allow 24 hour access to the Diamond Lounge.

Definitely check it. Ask. Since it is a gift earned by Royal's Loyalty program, be polite, understanding, with just a touch of persistence.

August 29th, 2021, the Loyalty Ambassador put a silver 'Platinum Sticker' on our seapass card over the word 'Gold,' because that was all she had available.
A few days later, when we were used to having the card to verify discounts, we went to Guest Services, and they reprinted a new card for us.

However, when we made Diamond on our mid-September 2021 Symphony B2B, we talked to the Loyalty Ambassador the day before our B2B, reminding her we were changing to Diamond at the end of that cruise and would be Diamond for the next cruise on our B2B.

Knowing the change to Diamond in advance, she was prepared. The Loyalty Ambassador told us to come back to her desk next to the Schooner Bar on the B2B between noon and 4. Being prepared, she printed us a new seapass card at her desk showing our correct level as Diamond. It felt so great to achieve our goal of Diamond. That seapass card worked at the Diamond Lounge because we went there a couple of times, including to get our airline boarding passes printed the night before our flight.

Now we can hardly wait till we have completed our March 25, Navigator Royal Suite, Mexican Riviera out of the new cruise Port of Los Angeles, and our May 5, Ovation Grand Suite, Alaska out of Vancouver to reach Diamond Plus (You never know in this crazy cruise time, which is why we pushed so hard to make Diamond in August & September).

The recent move in our Royal Stock and Options has been nice as well. With a little more move it will pay for our first cruise as Diamond Plus, Allure Repositioning Fort Lauderdale to Galveston in 2022. A stock and options profit paid cruise with more discounts, drinks, etcetera would be extra exciting!

16 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

Being as we knew we would become Diamond during our B4B (Aug~Sept, 2021), on our first cruise we went to 'Next Cruise' and booked a 'Balcony' for Explorer, October 2022. Two weeks later we went back and changed it to an Allure 'Central Park Balcony' November 2022.

After 3 week of cruises, we were Diamond. We returned to 'Next Cruise' to get it repriced. Because it was not yet in the system, we did not get our Diamond Discount. But they gave us options. They told us how to call from the ship phone to do it, wait till we got home to call and do it, or to come back in a few days and see if the system had caught up to our Diamond level.

We waited till the late afternoon of the busy last day of the cruise to return to 'Next Cruise.' Our Diamond Status was in the system. Fortunately, the price had changed in our favor with the $450 off/60% second discount.

They repriced the cruise, we kept our onboard credit, and received the higher 'Diamond Balcony Discount' right there on the cruise.

That is not an opined answer. That is an actual recent experience.

5 hours ago, LifesEz said:

Being as we knew we would become Diamond during our B4B (Aug~Sept, 2021), on our first cruise we went to 'Next Cruise' and booked a 'Balcony' for Explorer, October 2022. Two weeks later we went back and changed it to an Allure 'Central Park Balcony' November 2022.

After 3 week of cruises, we were Diamond. We returned to 'Next Cruise' to get it repriced. Because it was not yet in the system, we did not get our Diamond Discount. But they gave us options. They told us how to call from the ship phone to do it, wait till we got home to call and do it, or to come back in a few days and see if the system had caught up to our Diamond level.

We waited till the late afternoon of the busy last day of the cruise to return to 'Next Cruise.' Our Diamond Status was in the system. Fortunately, the price had changed in our favor with the $450 off/60% second discount.

They repriced the cruise, we kept our onboard credit, and received the higher 'Diamond Balcony Discount' right there on the cruise.

That is not an opined answer. That is an actual recent experience.

In other words, possibly not sol and dreams do come true, it could happen to you 😊 thanks!

16 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

We are on Symphony 11/6 and Allure 11/4 - our next two up. We have another in April 2022, on the August 2022 and the one booked for Dec 2022. Partsay through all 0d that we will pass Diamond and reach d+. it may be somewhere along the line those cruise Rakestraw, the first two definitely won’t since those were left in shifts over to larger ships/

I just wanted to give you some general price history on those sailings... maybe it'll make you feel less upset over it if this shows you got a decent price overall anyway. Of course, it could show you booked at a peak price. 🙂

pricehistory_symphony_2021_11_06.thumb.jpg.5d4698eb5c50ac660361fc6f1c1d55da.jpg

pricehistory_allure_2021_11_14.thumb.jpg.53adaac7e93945b8b1ffdffba94b86c3.jpg

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

I just wanted to give you some general price history on those sailings... maybe it'll make you feel less upset over it if this shows you got a decent price overall anyway.

Out of curiosity, are your graphs showing the price for a specific class of room (like Jr Suite) or just what Royal's website shows for the broad category (Deluxe)?  I'm wondering if the deluxe prices really fluctuate like that or if the lower prices are when a Jr Suite is available and the higher prices are when a Grand Suite or higher is the cheapest available room.

4 hours ago, dswallow said:

I just wanted to give you some general price history on those sailings... maybe it'll make you feel less upset over it if this shows you got a decent price overall anyway. Of course, it could show you booked at a peak price. 🙂

Thank you! 😊 You need to meet our cruising friend Chris, I think you two would totally get one another. He uses these kind of graphs to choose cruises and developed a program he uses to help him now. I love having cruise friends with the kind of data you two produce! We are careful with money hoping for a acceptable retirement years out from now, but we do the opposite with cruising and usually cruise in suites. The prices on those can definitely be wonky.   

* fair disclosure - the next cruises two were lift and shifts and we have zero latitude to complain about our prices on those two as we were going to do our first Empress cruises. It is the three additional ones that are more a concern.

3 hours ago, dswallow said:

How can we get this data or can we?

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2021 at 6:57 PM, Atlantix2000 said:

Out of curiosity, are your graphs showing the price for a specific class of room (like Jr Suite) or just what Royal's website shows for the broad category (Deluxe)?  I'm wondering if the deluxe prices really fluctuate like that or if the lower prices are when a Jr Suite is available and the higher prices are when a Grand Suite or higher is the cheapest available room.

It's the broad category, which means especially with suites, when Junior Suites become unavailable, the price jumps considerably because most other suite types are far more expensive; and when they become available again the equivalent drop gets shown. But as a general guide, it's pretty useful to see trends.

On 10/2/2021 at 3:57 PM, dswallow said:

@dswallow where are you getting these charts from? Just curious because I'm a data lover.

21 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I capture the data myself and can generate them.

Are you manually capturing the data or do you leverage some other automated method?  I hope it's the latter.  The reason I ask it because the site I use for tracking prices includes a price history chart much like yours and breaks the categories down even further including the 3 tiers of suite classes.  The data points on the chart are plotted daily and display the lowest price per person for that category.  You can also adjust the number of people in the cabin and it will adjust the data points accordingly.  I've found the data that they pull to be very reliable.

When I found the site, I couldn't believe my eyes.  Such a simple design that shows the info so intuitively.  They don't sell the cruises so they don't have all the extra fluff that the other booking sites have.  I feel like a TA 🤣

Check it out for yourself: cruiseplum.com

Here's the same itinerary as your second chart.  Hovering over the lines shows a tooltip of the actual price for that day.

image.thumb.png.1adcf7d2d8f2c37a3d9e746930e5991c.png

On 10/1/2021 at 12:34 PM, Ampurp85 said:

We are moving from Diamond to Diamond plus after the first of a B2B cruise.  I sent an inquiry to RCCL about this and I received this response:

We are happy to know that you are planning to be with us onboard the Ovation of the Seas! We also want to congratulate you on your upcoming upgrade to Diamond Plus status! You are correct in your understanding of the way your status upgrade will be applied. As your status will upgrade at the end of your first sailing, you will be able to enjoy your Diamond Plus benefits on your next sailing. We do want you to be aware that for members whose status is upgrading on a back to back sailing, we ask that they inform the Loyalty Ambassador onboard during the first sailing of their upcoming change in status. Please let the Loyalty Ambassador know of this change and they will be able to note this change so that we are sure you receive your Diamond Plus benefits on the second sailing.