Harmony Transatlantic changes from 14 night to 13 night

In case anyone missed the email:  The transatlantic crossing on Harmony on October 31st was a 14 night with 1 stop on Tuesday 2nd Nov in Malaga.  I just received an email stating that it is now a 13 night cruise with the stop in Malaga on Wednesday 3rd plus a new stop in Nassau on Thursday 11th and arriving in Cape Canaveral on Saturday 13th instead of Sunday 14th. 

That certainly throws the cat among the pigeons for some of us.  Car rental in Cape Canaveral is almost impossible.  I had a car booked for pick up on Sunday for $232.  Now the car hire company want $689 to collect it the day before and drop it to Orlando as per my original date.  A massive increase of $457.  Plus a hotel room for an extra night.  

Royal are offering a pro-rata refund on one night's cruise cost - that will pay for the hotel I think!  Plus they are offering onboard credit of $100.     I think it would be cheaper to book into a hotel in Cape Canaveral and pick up the car as planned on Sunday, rather than change the car hire date.  however, I do welcome the additional port.  AND 13 days on a cruise is still better than 14 days at home!

Email.pdf

1 hour ago, Gary Pheasey said:

That certainly throws the cat among the pigeons for some of us.  Car rental in Cape Canaveral is almost impossible.  I had a car booked for pick up on Sunday for $232.  Now the car hire company want $689 to collect it the day before and drop it to Orlando as per my original date.  A massive increase of $457.  Plus a hotel room for an extra night.  

Use Lyft

Thanks for the heads up! I haven’t gotten the email yet, but for us the pickle is the self-curated plan we had for Malaga. We have some non-refundable tickets that we’ll have to rebook if we want to stick with our plan to visit the Alhambra.

But I totally agree: 13 nights on a cruise are by far better than 14 nights at home!

I am on this sailing and was disappointed reading the email. 13 days would put me 2 points short of Diamond 😟

I don't want the partial refund if they honour my 56 points, you think they would be ok with that?

Seriously I don't understand why we have to return early. Can't they implement these inspections and protocols onboard during the 14-days sailing?

18 hours ago, GoodSmith said:

I am on this sailing and was disappointed reading the email. 13 days would put me 2 points short of Diamond 😟

I don't want the partial refund if they honour my 56 points, you think they would be ok with that?

Seriously I don't understand why we have to return early. Can't they implement these inspections and protocols onboard during the 14-days sailing?

Yes, an unforseen consequence for a lot of people.  Those extra 4 points for solo travel make all the difference.  I have a progression plan for the next 2 years to get to Pinnacle and this single night means that I have to do another cruise at some stage.  But there are worse thing to have to do!

• 3 weeks later...

Got an email at midnight last night.  Still no definite news on CDC guidelines.  Seems that they cannot give guidance until the CDC gives the legal wording to the announcement that after 8th November we can enter.  Getting a bit tight now for cancelllations.  I'm all packed and ready to fly to Barcelona on Friday.  Just checked my hotel and the free cancellation expires tomorrow, so just booked a different hotel with a Thursday cancellation deadline.  Still no idea how I will work flights if it is cancelled.  Royal were offering $400 for international travellers against the cost of non-refundable flights.  But now they are just saying to contact your airline.

Dear Guest,

We are all still eagerly waiting for the U.S. government to provide the full text of its rule lifting the travel ban for non-U.S. citizens. We still have hope that all of the details will be provided in time for you to join us on our Harmony of the Seas October 31, 2021 sailing. We understand that there is some confusion since the administration made an announcement, but until they provide all of the legal details - we do not know the implications for guests arriving via cruise ship, and how our testing, and protocols may differ.

From the last communication we sent with options - we can tell that most of you want to wait it out, as you are eager to come and have plans connected to this. And, we promise that as soon as we have the full details from the government, we will communicate the specifics.

If you are unable to wait any longer, we understand. Below are your options. In the meantime, we'll wait with you to the very last possible minute and give you these same options.

Option 1: Stay booked on Harmony of the Seas October 31, 2021 sailing - and wait for the U.S. announcement. There is nothing for you to do for this option.

• We'll contact you or your Travel Advisor should we have to cancel your reservation. While we hope we don't have to go this route, cancelled bookings would receive a 100% refund.
  • A few important things to note:
    • Due to the length of this sailing and the number of consecutive days at sea, only fully vaccinated guests will be able to sail. To be considered fully vaccinated, the last dose of your vaccine must be received no less than 14 days prior to sailing. Regrettably, unvaccinated children, which includes children with only the first dose of the vaccine, are unable to join us on this sailing.
    • Additionally, since our sailing ends in the United States, we are only accepting vaccinations that are approved by the U.S. FDA and the WHO, click here to learn more.
    • Lastly, stay informed and up-to-date on all health protocols and visit RoyalCaribbean.com/Health.

Option 2: Cancel this sailing and receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit, instead of a refund

• Choose the 125% Future Cruise Credit option to book a new cruise by April 30th, 2022. This amount is based on your total cruise fare paid, and with a little extra knowing that this is a unique circumstance.
  • Your certificate can be used on any Royal Caribbean International sailing that departs on or before December 31, 2022, as long as it's redeemed by April 30, 2022.
  • If you'd like to proceed with this option, let us know by completing our request form here by October 30, 2021 and we'll issue your Future Cruise Credit via email by November 12, 2021.
  • Taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. Current refund processing is around 30 days. We are working as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your patience.
    • If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit for this sailing, this offer does not apply.
    • If you previously used a Future Cruise Credit (including previous Global Suspension FCCs), you'll receive a new Future Cruise Credit. This will be for 125% of any new monies paid on this sailing, plus the value of your original credit at 100% of its value, with an expiration date of April 30th, 2022 and a sail by date of December 31, 2022.
    • If you were already impacted by a sailing that was previously cancelled due to a global suspension and paid additional monies on a new booking within this extended suspension period, and you opt in for a refund via the process below, it will be for both bookings.

Option 3: Cancel for a 100% Refund

• If you prefer a full refund, we're happy to process this for you. You have until October 30, 2021 to request a refund proactively via our form here.
  • Please contact us to start the refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
  • You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your refund request.
  • Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing and you request a refund instead, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we'll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.

Air/Hotel:

• Refundable air or hotel accommodations purchased through Royal Caribbean will be automatically refunded to you within 30 days after we process the cancellation.
  • If you booked non-refundable air through Royal Caribbean or booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

Please reach out to us via our form here by October 30, 2021 if you'd like to take advantage of one of these options. If we don't hear from you, you'll remain booked on our 13-night sailing onboard Harmony of the Seas. If you have any questions, please reach out to your travel advisor or feel free to contact us. Please know, hold times may be longer than usual.

• 1 888 281 9344 in the U.S.
  • 1 800 754 500 in Australia
  • In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for your patience. We continue to be hopeful that we'll get to sail together as Harmony of the Seas makes its way to the U.S.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Brand

We’re on this cruise too, from the uk also. Hoping todays White House update will have a positive impact on our ability to travel and that RCL will let us know soon.

We’re willing to hang on until Friday to make a final decision but would like to know sooner so we know what to do with our hotel reservation in Barcelona and our flight out there. So frustrating not knowing!