UDP - "Takeout"

fishernrex

10 minutes ago, fishernrex said:

We're thinking of getting the UDP this trip, but wondering if its possible to do "takeout" from any of the restaurants?  While we probably wouldn't order to go from Chops; IZUMI or Pizza are always great on the balcony.  

From an @AshleyDillo post.

"I've been able to take food to go with the UDP.  Izumi Sushi is usually pretty good about allowing it, as did Playmakers and they actually had disposable takeout containers.  On my Oasis sailing I was even able to get Chops to go, but I did make a reservation ahead of time and showed up and asked if I could get it to go when I got there.  Chops wasn't equipped for to-go orders with takeout boxes, so it was my food on a plate with a room service lid over it.  Experience can differ ship by ship, but I've found if you ask nicely usually they will accommodate you where they can.  I wouldn't expect them to do a 4-person full 3-course meal to go order from some place like Chops, but asking for a single entree, dessert, or appetizer usually won't put them out too much.  It will help to make sure you have a reservation if you want to try to do a to-go from one of the sit down places.  I was able to use the app and make several solo reservations at different restaurants without issue outside of the busy dining times."