Carry On vs. Checked luggage (bigger bags)

D Alt

What do you recommend to keep with you in your carry-on/personal bag vs. your larger "checked" luggage?  I read that sometimes your checked bag doesn't get to your room until late, which means you may want something out of the bag to have with you as you walk around the ship. 

Obviously I will hold on to my electronics, medicine and documents.  Should I keep a bathing suit or change of clothes with me? 

Thoughts?

Just now, D Alt said:

What do you recommend to keep with you in your carry-on/personal bag vs. your larger "checked" luggage?  I read that sometimes your checked bag doesn't get to your room until late, which means you may want something out of the bag to have with you as you walk around the ship. 

Obviously I will hold on to my electronics, medicine and documents.  Should I keep a bathing suit or change of clothes with me? 

Thoughts?

Yes, so you can get into the pool or hot tub. 

12 hours ago, rjac said:

Yes to all above. Pretty sure your big suitcases will get to your room before dinner. Enjoy your cruise!😎

Typically this is the case, but not always. We've had a couple times that our FIRST bags were delivered while we were at dinner and once where our final checked bag arrived at the stateroom as we were getting in for the night (after a post-midnight stop at Sorrento's).

I agree with what has been said already.  I always pack a pair of shorts that can double as a swimsuit.  (Some sort of a plaid design that dries out quickly).  Then I wear long pants with a collared shirt onto the ship in case my suitcase doesn't arrive until after dinner.  I switch to shorts once our room is available and keep my long pants in reserve.  I switch my collared shirt to a T-shirt.   I know a lot of folks don't care about MDR attire, but I am old school and in a nice restaurant I feel more comfortable in long pants and collared shirts.  Sometimes we don't get our suitcases until after dinner.