Issues on Allure, 9/30?

Rags1

I have read on other social media posts that there may be a problem this week with illness among the entertainment crew and that some, if not all, shows are canceled for this week and next week. I usually don’t believe much of what I read on social media!😂. Anyone onboard this week that can shed any light on what might be happening?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

Does anyone have a news report link on this?

No, but on CC people who are currently on the ship have gotten notification.   Copied from there:

From RCCL

Thirteen of our 1,799 crew members on Allure of the Seas have tested positive for COVID-19. They, in addition to any close contacts, are in quarantine and being monitored by the medical team.

In an abundance of caution, Allure’s ice-skating and aqua shows in Studio B and AquaTheater are canceled. There will continue to be a wide variety of entertainment options available to our guests on this cruise.

This is only .75% (less than 1%) of the crew members currently positive.  That's better numbers than we've had locally.   I have no doubt this has been reported to the CDC and they are investigating.  No word on whether most are asymptomatic (at their age, the probability is high).

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

No, but on CC people who are currently on the ship have gotten notification.   Copied from there:

From RCCL

Thirteen of our 1,799 crew members on Allure of the Seas have tested positive for COVID-19. They, in addition to any close contacts, are in quarantine and being monitored by the medical team.

In an abundance of caution, Allure’s ice-skating and aqua shows in Studio B and AquaTheater are canceled. There will continue to be a wide variety of entertainment options available to our guests on this cruise.

This is only .75% (less than 1%) of the crew members currently positive.  That's better numbers than we've had locally.   I have no doubt this has been reported to the CDC and they are investigating.  No word on whether most are asymptomatic (at their age, the probability is high).

I'm glad they don't have to cancel sailings and shut down the whole ship...

And I hope the members get well soon and all the rest of the crew stay safe and well.

25 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I'm glad they don't have to cancel sailings and shut down the whole ship...

And I hope the members get well soon and all the rest of the crew stay safe and well.

Me too.  I'm hoping since they are all so young, and been immunized, that most are asymptomatic and this will end quickly, with no ill effects for any of them.

1 hour ago, fireclan said:

Does the crew undergo routine testing? I don't recall if I read anything about crew protocols regarding testing.

They do.  I've chatted with crew members who were fellow Filipinos.  They sort of shared this "insider" information about being tested regularly.

11 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

They do.  I've chatted with crew member who were fellow Filipinos.  They sort of shared this "insider" information about being tested regularly.

Yup. I asked our waiter on Ovation, she said everyone gets tested a day or two before the end of the cruise, and then I'd imagine there's a decent amount of random testing as well.