Traveling WIth Trusted Traveler ID

leesam82

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well. I will be traveling on a RCI cruise in November and am a US Citizen. I did send out my passport for expidted renewal.  Unfortunately with there being delays in passport processing it may not come back in time. I looked on the royal website and found the following information

image.thumb.png.7d1d9bdf6903ae4784ae5a8722d612d1.png

I know that I could travel with a government issue ID and a birth certificate. Unfortunately for me I do not have a birth certificate from the US. However I do have my trusted traveler ID which i received from the global entry program. I was told by the RCI agent that I can travel with that ID  as a US citizen as the itinerary leaves from a US port and only goes to the Bahamas. I was wondering if anyone else has traveled with their Trusted Traveler ID? I just want to make sure this will not be a problem. 

Thanks! 

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Based on the "click here for a list" list, it's unclear if Global Entry is one of those documents accepted since that link only shows NEXUS, SENTRI and FAST

Yah that is why I am very nervous. I did email the CBP this question hopefully I can get a clearer answer from them. 

34 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

I think you got bad information, Trusted Traveler Status is not a substitute for a passport, or other ID

Correct as in not a substitute for the passport; however, I was told during my interview with CBP officer on September 17th, that the CE card can be used to fly instead of an enhanced drivers license.

23 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

I was told during my interview with CBP officer on September 17th, that the CE card can be used to fly instead of an enhanced drivers license.

Yes, I've used mine several times instead of my drivers license. The only issue is that you'll sometimes run in to TSA agents who don't realize it's a valid form of ID...not common, but it has happened to me and others I know. It gets cleared up, but does delay the process a bit. Comes down to lack of TSA agent training, unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, whitsmom said:

Correct as in not a substitute for the passport; however, I was told during my interview with CBP officer on September 17th, that the CE card can be used to fly instead of an enhanced drivers license.

A domestic flight is one thing, returning from international is another thing all together.  Honestly, I don't know the answer, but it would concern me.

Hello All 

I wanted to update this topic.  Although it maybe relevant only to a few. I did get confirmation from the CBP that a trusted traveler ID card issued through the Global Entry, FAST, SENTRI, and Nexus counts as authorized travel documentation.  So if your cruise is upcoming and you are a US Citizen leaving from the United States and traveling to the countries listed under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, you may travel and be granted entry back into the United States by traveling with your Trusted Traveler ID card. This is a good option for those who have global entry or membership to any of the trusted traveler programs (FAST, Sentri, & Nexus). This gives me peace of mind as I am still waiting on my passport renewal and was very nervous about getting it back in time for my cruise later this year.